shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone tell me if this is a fair price please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lacicat

Rough_Rock
Here''s what I purchased from a friend to help him pay down some dept. I wondering if I got my moneys worth and hope that someone can give me an opinion. From what I read, Baily Banks and Biddle are over priced to start with. What I bought was a BB&B Lineage design engagement ring, .58 ct, H in color, SI2 in clarity, symetery Good. It''s supposed to be a modified brilliant cut. It looks eye clean and has good sparkle. It''s in the BB&B catalog for $3000. I paid $1000 for it. The band is in platinum, with eight small diamonds around the Lineage setting.
Just wondering if I got a good deal or if I lost money. Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you paid a reasonable price for it. Online a similar type H SI2 .58c stone (not really knowing much about cut from your #'s) would cost around $1000 or so. The setting maybe around $300 more..depending on quality, metal, stones etc. So in the end I think you did well...as long as the inclusions are not visible in the SI2 grading. BBB is very overpriced...I have seen some of their items priced out at ridiculous amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results