clarity

can someone teach me?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyE ... at#GoTo240
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I am sorry...I have posted so many links but I do not always understand the pricing. Some that are obviously windowed cost more. The trillion cut 3-carater looks just pinkish but costs 3K. The "hearts" look beautiful but the cut is not popular. I have seen nice settings that were able to hide the "heart" cut but still. Can someone, please, look at them and tell me which ones look better? It does not make sense to call Tan and ask questions for one reason: I still have to choose the color that appeals to me and I can not "read" it. I understand I can probably easy discard nrs 2 and 3...but the pricier ones? They all look nice and red but which one would look best in real life? I am just asking about the color. I can read about the quality later, it matters of course, but I just want to coordinate the color on the monitor with what I shall see in real life. I hate buying and returning.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tan has been increasing his price dramatically over the past few weeks. It is kinda making me not buy from him. Even 'eh' stones are getting VERY pricey. Like that trillion and pear. It doesnt look like a very bright stone, yet its super expensive.

My heart cost me 90$, and is a nice bright pink....all other stones that color are $600+, and they are only slightly bigger. I hope Tan doesnt let his new found popularity get to his head and drive away his customers with his prices.

example: Brown spinel....$1100?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-37ct-Fascinating- ... 35a3392c6c

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The only one I like is the longish pear, looks quite nice for the price. The others seem desaturated, windowed, brownish, bad clarity, overpriced for what they are. This is my observation only and I too would like to learn more how to choose gems over the internet. :read:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pear the best too. Although it is small, it is cut wel, and has a high crown, pleasing pink color, and nice proportions. I think I wouldn't waste my time with the rest, and the trillion is just overpriced because of the size :knockout:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two pears. I presume you are talking about the one that is VS1? The second link? The more expensive of the two?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the price, color, cutting and overall quality, I like this one the best. It is a pure pink though and not a pinkish red. If you like a more pure pink, it is nice. I have one just like this from Tan that I won on auction, same exact size and shape, in a similar color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...059595&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2432wt_917

This is mine (video stills) and a sunlight photo with the uv glow. It's a great gem. The one you're considering has a higher crown though, and I think it will sparkle more as a result.

TLpearspinelvideo2.JPG

TLmahengepearglows2.JPG

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Tan has been increasing his price dramatically over the past few weeks. It is kinda making me not buy from him. Even 'eh' stones are getting VERY pricey. Like that trillion and pear. It doesnt look like a very bright stone, yet its super expensive.

I am assuming he is starting to adjust his prices for the much higher cost of rough for this type of material. The cost for rough skyrocketed for a lot of spinel, especially Mahenge

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jim Rentfrow said:

I am assuming he is starting to adjust his prices for the much higher cost of rough for this type of material. The cost for rough skyrocketed for a lot of spinel, especially Mahenge

That thought ran through my mind as well.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS on the skyrocketed price over this few months! :nono:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
In general, in spite of cutting, pricing is set by the quality of colour. Clarity is another that will usually drop the market price of the gem. However, for Tan, his pricing continues to baffle me. I’ve seen some unattractively coloured stones for more that his usual and some very nice ones for less than his usual. His videos also seem to be more accurate than his still pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results