shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help with HCA score

Montizzy

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I’m new here. I have been reading on and off and trying my best to learn. I’m upgrading my ring. My first engagement ring we didn’t know anything and actually just learned we were scammed pretty bad. The jeweler has provided and in house appraisal that we know now was all a lie. This route we are going GIA only. Could anyone try to run this GIA report number through the HCA tool

GIA REPORT #5353490304

I’m buying online so I can’t see it in person!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I’m new here. I have been reading on and off and trying my best to learn. I’m upgrading my ring. My first engagement ring we didn’t know anything and actually just learned we were scammed pretty bad. The jeweler has provided and in house appraisal that we know now was all a lie. This route we are going GIA only. Could anyone try to run this GIA report number through the HCA tool

GIA REPORT #5353490304

I’m buying online so I can’t see it in person!

Have you tried using the HCA tool yourself?

It is under the Tools tab at the top of the forum :)

Does the jeweller have an ASETscope? (Could you order one yourself if not?)

You can see an example ASET for crown/pavilion angle combinations in the graphics on this page:

You might be able to find your stone's combination in there :)

Last edited:

Montizzy

Rough_Rock
I have tried but it keeps telling me I need to pay. Is that correct? Do I pay $50?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have tried but it keeps telling me I need to pay. Is that correct? Do I pay $50?
Where is it saying $50??

I thought the tool was priced much lower than that after the initial few freebie uses!

Montizzy

Rough_Rock
Gosh I’m so confused! It keeps saying I have been identified as a person in the trade? It won’t let me look anything up. So strange!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I’m so confused! It keeps saying I have been identified as a person in the trade? It won’t let me look anything up. So strange!!
If you click on your name in the top right of the forum, go to Preferences, and then there's a box saying "Check here if you work or are working with any diamond and/or jewelry business."

Un-tick it and you won't have the Trade logo under your name any more and should be able to access the tool :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you get a few free goes on the HCA tool :)

Montizzy

Rough_Rock
I got it!! Wooohooo thank you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results