shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me with this question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
I found a ring with the following specs and I think it''s too deep, but wanted some other opinions...

GIA
1.20 ct
VS2
G
DEPTH: 62.9
TABLE: 59.0
POLISH: GOOD
SYM: GOOD
FL: NONE

How will this ring perform without knowing the crown &pavilion angles?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/9/2004 10:25:50 AM jcard71 wrote:

How will this ring perform without knowing the crown &pavilion angles?----------------

WHO knows?

It is deeper (and thus smaller looking) than most would want their diamonds around here, but other cut parameters could probably compensate for this defficiency and still deliver sparkle.

Would you consider finding a stone with those specs given or getting either the numbers or, better still, an IScope view, on this one?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The price must be really good for you to be considering it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
price...
Yeah, this could be an argument for gettign that piece, but it needs to be strong. The depth eats up whatever size the last 0.1 ct gives, so this is exactly as big as a 60% deep stone of 1.1 cts. Since the cut is not an advantage here, I hope the stone is a bargain. 6k seem to buy a replacement of the same size and grades
angryfire.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
You really need to know the crown/pavilion angles to assess the performance of the diamond. Absent the angles, you really need to see the diamond and gauge for yourself on the performance. While it may be a tad deep, the angles may be of right proportions and be a stunner. Like valeria101 stated - "WHO knows?". Are there redeeming value to the diamond inspite of your concern - only you can determine.

rodent.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Yep! You'll probably pay for weight you won't see that also might impact the overall performance of the diamond.

Enter the carat weight, color, and clarity of your diamond on the Price Scope Search by Known HCA Rating Search Engine and compare the stats of your diamond to well cut diamonds. You should see a difference.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results