shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me identify this Mikimoto earrings?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there,

I received this pair of Mikimoto earrings as a wedding gift. I am wondering how much this pair cost?

The only reason I need to find out is that the family who gave me this gift is planing for their daughter’s wedding next year. and I want to return something equivalent.

I would really appreciate it and thanks in advance for this community’s help.

in the picture I have a pair or pear studs that’s 7.5mm-8mm big. The pair on top is what I want to find out about the price. Yes 18k yellow gold with diamond. The pearls seems more pinkish.
BF7E263F-6EF1-48C2-B17A-E97F24DD89F3.jpeg 5648EB58-BE79-46A7-B3F4-99EF65FD576D.jpeg

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Mikimoto uses very high quality pearls in their designs, and your assessment is correct in that Mikimoto tends to use pearls that are quite pink.

In just looking through the present stud offerings, I don't see that pair available anymore, and to be truthful it doesn't spark my memory in any recent years. It's also possible that it could have been a one-off style or something special from a particular boutique that wasn't available to wide market.

It would be impossible to say what they cost, and of course Mikimoto is high-end designer retail. Sorry I'm not much specific help, but you can also give Mikimoto a call and/or email them via their website and include pictures.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Mikimoto uses very high quality pearls in their designs, and your assessment is correct in that Mikimoto tends to use pearls that are quite pink.

In just looking through the present stud offerings, I don't see that pair available anymore, and to be truthful it doesn't spark my memory in any recent years. It's also possible that it could have been a one-off style or something special from a particular boutique that wasn't available to wide market.

It would be impossible to say what they cost, and of course Mikimoto is high-end designer retail. Sorry I'm not much specific help, but you can also give Mikimoto a call and/or email them via their website and include pictures.

Thank you so much for your response. I had two pairs of pearl studs from Mikimoto and the one on the bottom in the pictures are also from them, the one I have are more white based compared to this pair I got as a gift.

This pair is probably from about 6-7 years ago. I remember shopping with this family member and pointed out from the Mikimoto show case located in New York about this pair and say it looks very nice. I didn’t bother to ask for the price because I was not the one shopping.

Then years passed and she gave me this gift that I didn’t expect at all. Surprisingly she remembered that I liked it.

A while ago I went in a Mikimoto boutique and asked them about it, they said they don’t offer any estimate on the price for free. However they can take the earring and have someone examine it and then give a certificate and estimate price. If I didn’t remember it wrong they wanted to charge me $175 for it. I thought it’s a bit much.

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for your response. I had two pairs of pearl studs from Mikimoto and the one on the bottom in the pictures are also from them, the one I have are more white based compared to this pair I got as a gift.

This pair is probably from about 6-7 years ago. I remember shopping with this family member and pointed out from the Mikimoto show case located in New York about this pair and say it looks very nice. I didn’t bother to ask for the price because I was not the one shopping.

Then years passed and she gave me this gift that I didn’t expect at all. Surprisingly she remembered that I liked it.

A while ago I went in a Mikimoto boutique and asked them about it, they said they don’t offer any estimate on the price for free. However they can take the earring and have someone examine it and then give a certificate and estimate price. If I didn’t remember it wrong they wanted to charge me $175 for it. I thought it’s a bit much.

I don't have a lot of experience with this area of Mikimoto, but I would agree that it seems a high amount for something that was purchased through them.

It may be worth getting in touch once again via email.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty earrings.
Here is a Mikimoto pendant in 18K white gold that looks similar--8-8.5mm pearl.

Estimated retail is $2900USD.
So maybe $4000USD for earrings? I honestly have no idea though.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty earrings.
Here is a Mikimoto pendant in 18K white gold that looks similar--8-8.5mm pearl.

Estimated retail is $2900USD.
So maybe $4000USD for earrings? I honestly have no idea though.

Oh thank you, that was helpful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results