shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someon give me a opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

im so scared

Rough_Rock
Ive been enjoying your posts for months and finally got some courage to go to the store
$16,350

1.80 ct
round brilliant
7.98x8.06x4.61
depth 57.4%
table 59%
girdle medium to slightly thick
culet very small
polish very good
symmetrye good
color F
clarity vvs2
flourescance none

THANK YOU SO MCUH
:-o :-o :-o

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Well, it seems good but there is missing information. Need the crown and pav angles to rate the cut. The cut is more important than the color and clarity. Also need to know who certified it. If it is uncertified, it is unlikely that those ratings are real, since any diamond of those specs would be certified unless it got a poor rating and they decided to sell it as uncertified. Now if it is IGI certified, it was probably sent to AGS or GIA, got a poor score, so they sent it to IGI to see if it got a better score. If it is GIA or AGS, then disregard all this and consider that it seems like a good deal. But you should post who the cert is from.

This one is $1000 more, but has a super ideal cut and a GIA cert and no sales tax.
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/183fvs2_gia11394005/index.htm

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Also, that one for $1000 more if ex/ex on polish and sym. Yours is good/good -- two grades lower. Note that your stone may, in the end, be the best choice. I am just tossing out ideas to consider.

You may also want to go to VS1 or VS2 on clarity.

Some other choices that I would consider.
$14270 1.51 E-VS1 (medium blue fluor, not sure if you want that in an E color stone)
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/151evs1_gia11865148/index.htm

$14585 1.53 D-VS2
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/153dvs2_gia11804076/index.htm

im so scared

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the input. The stone is GIA certified.
Regarding the vvs2, i agree I orig looked for a vs1, but only another store had it and it actually cost more than the vvs2.

btw, im getting all these stones in the diamond district in NYC. know a good store, but wont advertise it untill someone asks.

Good luck:))

im so scared

Rough_Rock
so if its a gia cert stone it always has a "good" cut?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/15/2002 1:03:58 PM

so if its a gia cert stone it always has a "good" cut?

----------------

No. Not at all. If it is a GIA stone they do not print the crown and pav angles on the cert. Therefore, to help decide if it is a good cut, you can ask for a Sarin and get those numbers. You can then enter them into Cut Advisor to check the cut.

If it is an AGS stone, you do not need a Sarin because they already give you that info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results