shape
carat
color
clarity

Can single women wear three stone rings? Or is it for married women ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

venus

Rough_Rock
I ask because of the marketing re past, present, future of a married woman or couple. So are three stones rings reserved for married women?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Personally ( and this is only personal ) I would identify the solitaire as more a ''married'' or ''engaged'' symbol than the three stone, if worn alone...

If I was single, I would feel more comfortable wearing a three stone, (obviously not on the engagement finger if I didn''t want to suggest I was engaged / married) whereas a solitaire, even on my right hand, might suggest a broken engagement or some such...

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Women of all ages and marital status can and should wear whatever makes them happy - solitaires, 3 stone rings or plastic bubble rings with lady-birds and flowers inside them if they want to! lol (Yeah, ok, I did have one like that when I was little and I''m not ashamed of it!
3.gif
)

Avoid your ring finger if you don''t want to chase away suitable bachelors, but this is again entirely up to you. Buy and wear what makes you happy!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 5:52:18 AM
Author: AdiS
Women of all ages and marital status can and should wear whatever makes them happy - solitaires, 3 stone rings or plastic bubble rings with lady-birds and flowers inside them if they want to! lol (Yeah, ok, I did have one like that when I was little and I''m not ashamed of it!
3.gif
)

Avoid your ring finger if you don''t want to chase away suitable bachelors, but this is again entirely up to you. Buy and wear what makes you happy!

hear hear!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think anyone can wear them, although personally I wouldn''t wear it on my left ring finger (but I don''t think I''d wear any ring on my left ring finger if it wasn''t an engagement/wedding ring).

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 5:53:46 AM
Author: LaraOnline

3.gif
)

hear hear!
28.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think a three stone ring on the middle finger right hand would look awesome. Very dressy and classy IMHO. I don''t think anyone would confuse it as a wedding ring or engagement ring.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 5:27:40 AM
Author:venus
I ask because of the marketing re past, present, future of a married woman or couple. So are three stones rings reserved for married women?
That''s all it is--marketing. Three stones could symbolize a lot of things in life...three kids, three boyfriends, three pets, three Pulitzers....ha ha. Wear what you like, not what DeBeers tries to drill into people''s heads.
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I, too, agree that anyone can wear 3 stones (or anything for that matter).

I also agree that if you don''t want to give the impression you are married/engaged, etc, then don''t wear a ring on your left finger. Before I was married, I''d wear rings on my left hand from time to time. Didn''t matter what kind of ring it was or how much it didn''t look like a wedding or e-ring, people would often still assume it was.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I know that when I was single, I had a past I had learned a great deal from, a present I was proud to be living, and a future I was excited to experience so why not?? Like the others before me, I would make it a RHR and wear it with pride.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:33:49 AM
Author: jmtomaui
I know that when I was single, I had a past I had learned a great deal from, a present I was proud to be living, and a future I was excited to experience so why not?? Like the others before me, I would make it a RHR and wear it with pride.
36.gif

And ditto!
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I say any woman with fingers!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:33:49 AM
Author: jmtomaui
Good point! I once tried on an emerald cut three stone that also had teensy little baguettes down the sides. It didn''t fit on my ring finger and to my surprise, it looked stunning on my right hand middle finger. Really really good! I would totally be into rocking out a three stone there, and no one would mistake it for a "married" thing!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
)

Ditto. Gorgeous rings will never be out of style or inappropriate, IMO
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Single women have a past, present and future too! That said, as mentioned above, I would identify a solitaire with a marriage more so than a 3 stoner.

Also, some cultures wear engagement rings on the right ring finger. A close friend of mine in university came in after winter break with a gorgeous diamond ring on her right hand ring finger. I initially went all ''OMG NO WAY'' and then realized it was her right hand, so I''m like ''oops, sorry, I thought it was an engagement ring but it''s on the wrong hand''...to which she answered, ''it most certainly is an e-ring'' and I went take 2 on ''OMG NO WAY''
2.gif
I think she was Ukranian Orthodox, but I may be mistaken.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, just a few years ago, I didn't even realize that 3 stones were supposed to be anniversary rings. I agree with Lara that I identify solitaires more as engagement rings while 3 stone rings don't seem as "bridal" to me. I think they make great RHRs.

I wouldn't wear it on my left ring finger if I wasn't actually engaged, but I wouldn't see a problem with wearing it on another finger or on the right hand! Some people will be confused no matter what ring you wear and what finger you wear it on. My co-worker wears her grandma's diamond ring on her right hand middle finger; it's a vintage style with a very small diamond, so it does not scream "engaged" at all. Yet she still gets comments from people all the time asking if she's engaged
20.gif

ETA: Kama, Ukranian Orthodox people do wear their rings on the right hand. I work with a woman who wears her wedding set on her right hand and people always ask if her husband has passed away (because I guess that's typically what wearing your rings on your right hand means). She gets sick of explaining that it's just her culture.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Any three stones or a diamond three stone ring? I am of the camp, do what makes you happy. I am also not aware of any "appropriate/not appropriate" symbolism with wearing a three stone ring. Do you have something in mind?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 5:37:16 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Personally ( and this is only personal ) I would identify the solitaire as more a ''married'' or ''engaged'' symbol than the three stone, if worn alone...
If I was single, I would feel more comfortable wearing a three stone, (obviously not on the engagement finger if I didn''t want to suggest I was engaged / married) whereas a solitaire, even on my right hand, might suggest a broken engagement or some such...
Ditto for me.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:07:34 AM
Author: AmberGretchen

3.gif
)

Ditto. Gorgeous rings will never be out of style or inappropriate, IMO
2.gif

Yuppers

tlh

Ideal_Rock
anyone can wear it. I just wouldn''t wear it on my left hand if I were single... just to be sure to give the correct signals. if anyone is looking. But then again, I know girls taht wore rings, just to NOT be hit on, and they get hit on anyway... some guys aren''t that observant.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I definitely do not think three-stone rings are reserved for married women! If you don''t want to appear married, wear it on any finger other than your left ring finger (some people will think you''re married no matter what kind of ring you wear, so I''d just ignore that).

Ukrainians (not just Orthodox--Catholics too!) wear their wedding rings on their right hands. My parents did for a while (even though they both grew up in the U.S.), but then my dad broke his right ring finger and couldn''t wear it there anymore, so they both switched over to their left hands. Many other Europeans (like the Spanish) also wear their wedding rings (the vast majority are plain YG bands) on their right ring fingers.

Can''t wait to see your three-stone
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 8:52:45 AM
Author: monarch64

That''s all it is--marketing. Three stones could symbolize a lot of things in life...three kids, three boyfriends, three pets, three Pulitzers....ha ha. Wear what you like, not what DeBeers tries to drill into people''s heads.
9.gif
3 stone ring represents the past,the present and the future husband.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
You can wear whatever you want!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:40:34 AM
Author: mercoledi
I say any woman with fingers!
Yup yup!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:36:54 AM
Author: Sabine
I think anyone can wear them, although personally I wouldn''t wear it on my left ring finger (but I don''t think I''d wear any ring on my left ring finger if it wasn''t an engagement/wedding ring).
Ditto!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Past, Present, and Future rings are a marketing ploy. Schmaltz sells big.

And no, not everyone who likes 3 stone rings is schmaltzy -- just the concept and the advertising. People were wearing 3 stone rings long before DeBeers/Madison Avenue jumped on the bandwagon.

Wear whatever you like. On whichever finger you please.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 1:24:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

9.gif

snort

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 2:19:40 PM
Author: HollyS
Past, Present, and Future rings are a marketing ploy. Schmaltz sells big.
Exactly! And as I mentioned earlier, a woman needs a man to have a past, present and future?! What, cant she have any of those without a penis (am I allowed to say that word here?)?!!!

venus

Rough_Rock

That's all it is--marketing. Three stones could symbolize a lot of things in life...three kids, three boyfriends, three pets, three Pulitzers....ha ha. Wear what you like, not what DeBeers tries to drill into people's heads.
9.gif
36.gif
31.gif
LOL! I almost spit out my coke on my computer keyboar when I read that!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
LOL Kama.
6.gif
This is a family friendly forum!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results