shape
carat
color
clarity

Can single women wear three stone rings? Or is it for married women ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I think now in the year 2009 we aren''t into rules on what can and can not be done - or worn.
I use to wear a three stone ring on my right hand. It was from the diamonds of my old engagement and a pair of studs I did not wear. I was divorced at the time, and if anyone asked about it ( they did ) I just said it symbolized myself with my two boys. I also had a necklace with three hearts and my youngest would point to each heart and give it one of our names...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wear whatever you want! And if you REALLY want to attract men, wear it on your LEFT ring finger!
3.gif

Kidding!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
TG... no kidding... Every time I would wear my rings ( right hand ) men would ALWAYS ask about them

I think they thought I just changed my wedding rings to my other hand while I was out.. That did attract more men..but probably for the wrong reasons.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:52:32 PM
Author: crystalheart1
TG... no kidding... Every time I would wear my rings ( right hand ) men would ALWAYS ask about them

I think they thought I just changed my wedding rings to my other hand while I was out.. That did attract more men..but probably for the wrong reasons.
Yup, I had never been more hit on in my life once that ring was on my finger. Men I had known for YEARS didn''t hit on me until AFTER I was a married woman.

It actually made me quite sad about humankind and I''ve decided to go have a kid and become frumpy to combat the problem.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 2:55:38 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 3/17/2009 2:19:40 PM
Author: HollyS
Past, Present, and Future rings are a marketing ploy. Schmaltz sells big.
Exactly! And as I mentioned earlier, a woman needs a man to have a past, present and future?! What, cant she have any of those without a penis (am I allowed to say that word here?)?!!!
we use a rhyming word like "peanuts"
28.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else said, do what makes you happy.

My grandmother wears her diamond solitaire on her right hand for cultural reasons. If I bought a three-stone, I''d get it for my right middle finger.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife wears her as a RHR.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:32:17 PM
Author: elrohwen
LOL Kama.
6.gif
This is a family friendly forum!
2.gif

Well, she did use the technically correct term.
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 5:04:59 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 3/17/2009 3:32:17 PM
LOL Kama.
6.gif
This is a family friendly forum!
2.gif

Well, she did use the technically correct term.
3.gif
Sometimes, my son will sneak up behind me and read a bit of what I am reading or typing before I close out the window. Luckily that word is a regular part of his vocabulary
20.gif
and would make him laugh! So, the "p word" is safe. The "s" word isn''t. And, FWIW, he thinks the "s word" is "sexy." For some reason he has it stuck in his head that that is a bad word.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to wear one, you should!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:10:40 AM
Honestly, just a few years ago, I didn''t even realize that 3 stones were supposed to be anniversary rings. I agree with Lara that I identify solitaires more as engagement rings while 3 stone rings don''t seem as ''bridal'' to me. I think they make great RHRs.

I wouldn''t wear it on my left ring finger if I wasn''t actually engaged, but I wouldn''t see a problem with wearing it on another finger or on the right hand! Some people will be confused no matter what ring you wear and what finger you wear it on. My co-worker wears her grandma''s diamond ring on her right hand middle finger; it''s a vintage style with a very small diamond, so it does not scream ''engaged'' at all. Yet she still gets comments from people all the time asking if she''s engaged
20.gif

ETA: Kama, Ukranian Orthodox people do wear their rings on the right hand. I work with a woman who wears her wedding set on her right hand and people always ask if her husband has passed away (because I guess that''s typically what wearing your rings on your right hand means). She gets sick of explaining that it''s just her culture.
Yes, same here in Bulgaria - traditionally, we wear just a plain gold band on the right hand. Since I work mostly with foreigners though, that causes misunderstandings all the time. So I started wearing my gold wedding band on the right hand and my ering and diamond band on my left hand so everybody''s happy now! lol Bulgarians look at my right hand and know I''m married and foreigners tend to focus on my diamond set and don''t ask me strange questions anymore!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:36:54 AM
Author: Sabine
I think anyone can wear them, although personally I wouldn''t wear it on my left ring finger (but I don''t think I''d wear any ring on my left ring finger if it wasn''t an engagement/wedding ring).

I agree. Anyone can wear them but if you''re trying to attract some gentlemen admirers than maybe don''t wear it on your ring finger.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:28:23 AM
Author: AdiS
Date: 3/17/2009 11:10:40 AM

Honestly, just a few years ago, I didn''t even realize that 3 stones were supposed to be anniversary rings. I agree with Lara that I identify solitaires more as engagement rings while 3 stone rings don''t seem as ''bridal'' to me. I think they make great RHRs.

I wouldn''t wear it on my left ring finger if I wasn''t actually engaged, but I wouldn''t see a problem with wearing it on another finger or on the right hand! Some people will be confused no matter what ring you wear and what finger you wear it on. My co-worker wears her grandma''s diamond ring on her right hand middle finger; it''s a vintage style with a very small diamond, so it does not scream ''engaged'' at all. Yet she still gets comments from people all the time asking if she''s engaged
20.gif

ETA: Kama, Ukranian Orthodox people do wear their rings on the right hand. I work with a woman who wears her wedding set on her right hand and people always ask if her husband has passed away (because I guess that''s typically what wearing your rings on your right hand means). She gets sick of explaining that it''s just her culture.
Yes, same here in Bulgaria - traditionally, we wear just a plain gold band on the right hand. Since I work mostly with foreigners though, that causes misunderstandings all the time. So I started wearing my gold wedding band on the right hand and my ering and diamond band on my left hand so everybody''s happy now! lol Bulgarians look at my right hand and know I''m married and foreigners tend to focus on my diamond set and don''t ask me strange questions anymore!
9.gif

Same thing in Serbia, I am trying to convince FI that I NEED a Serbian e-ring as well, so he isn''t buying it
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results