shape
carat
color
clarity

Can People Be Haunted?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:08:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
ah, didn''t see that and just went back and read them Harriet. It''s all creepy. I''m glad the sun is still out and my hubby is out his way home!

Slasher movies and such don''t scare me. But the Sixth Sense, while only a PG-13 movie scared the daylights out of me. I guess it''s because after watching a Friday the 13th type movie, you probably really don''t believe a Jason or Freddy or whatever is going to come after you. But ghosts...you really just never know if they''re there....muahahahaha...

Like I said, I don''t really believe in them, but if it''s night and I am in bed alone and thinking about it...well, I kind of have a hard time wanting to open my eyes. And I STILL hate going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and looking into the mirror. That bloody Mary story that everyone told when we were kids still wigs me.

ME TOO! I thought I was the only one, lol. I remember reading parts of that earlier thread that you posted on, but didn''t add anything for fear of sounding insane.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:11:26 PM
Author: Harriet
I''m with you on the Sixth Sense. Eeks. What Bloody Mary story? Btw, you mentioned being Korean. Are you guys as superstitious as us Chinese (please don''t fame me anyone)?
If you say "Bloody Mary" three times into the bathroom mirror in the dark she will appear to you and reach out through the mirror and kill you.

*M*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bloody Mary, as in daughter of Henry VIII?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:15:50 PM
Bloody Mary, as in daughter of Henry VIII?
Yes. That's the one!

*M*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:14:01 PM
Author: poptart

Date: 4/27/2007 9:11:26 PM
I''m with you on the Sixth Sense. Eeks. What Bloody Mary story? Btw, you mentioned being Korean. Are you guys as superstitious as us Chinese (please don''t fame me anyone)?
If you say ''Bloody Mary'' three times into the bathroom mirror in the dark she will appear to you and reach out through the mirror and kill you.

*M*
That''s right! And it has to be dark, which is why I do turn on the light even though it means I nearly fall over from being blinded by the lights in the middle of the night. Harriet, I don''t know who she is. Maybe Mary mother of Jesus? Mary Queen of Scots? Bloody Mary, sister to Queen Elizabeth? I never questioned it when I was a kid. I only knew if you saw her, it''s a bad bad thing....

And I think Koreans *can* be superstitious, but Koreans probably has one of the largest Christian populations for an Asian country, which kind of cancels out a lot of the superstitions, rituals and ghost stories. There are still shamans and stuff like that and rites for the dead by non christian Koreans, but most Koreans I know aren''t superstitious compared to the Chinese. I find some chinese beliefs fascinating.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which Chinese beliefs do you find fascinating?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:23:50 PM
Which Chinese beliefs do you find fascinating?

wedding stuff, numerology, "good dates" for certain things....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you heard the one about the 9th lunar month where the gates of hell open and the hungry spirits roam? It''s scary to see food offerings on the sides of roads.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! SERIOUSLY CREEPED OUT OVER HERE! and my FF doesn''t come home until midnight. thank God we only live in an 850 sq ft coop, if I was in a big house by myself right now......
23.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! I totally remember Bloody Mary- to this day I can only say it once, and then I totally stay away from mirrors. My honest to goodness fear is looking through a window to see someone look back at me. I am TERRIFIED of windows at night.

I''ve always believed in spirits- when my grandma passed away, my dad said a little bird followed them from the entrance to the grave, and stayed until the burial was done and final prayers were said. I think that''s interesting. I lived in a house bordering an alley on one window and our greenhouse on the other. I''d hear heavy footsteps in the greenhouse all the time- and I''d go run and get my dad. There was never anything there. I don''t know, I''ll think to myself- gonna call Dad, and he''s picking up the phone to call me. There are days when I will just know something bad will happen, and it does. I wasn''t raised "religious" I was raised "mystically". My dad calls the things that have been visiting "shadow people". Who knows, right?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m home alone too. Thank goodness I have dogs.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:54:21 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Hey guys! I totally remember Bloody Mary- to this day I can only say it once, and then I totally stay away from mirrors. My honest to goodness fear is looking through a window to see someone look back at me. I am TERRIFIED of windows at night.

I''ve always believed in spirits- when my grandma passed away, my dad said a little bird followed them from the entrance to the grave, and stayed until the burial was done and final prayers were said. I think that''s interesting. I lived in a house bordering an alley on one window and our greenhouse on the other. I''d hear heavy footsteps in the greenhouse all the time- and I''d go run and get my dad. There was never anything there. I don''t know, I''ll think to myself- gonna call Dad, and he''s picking up the phone to call me. There are days when I will just know something bad will happen, and it does. I wasn''t raised ''religious'' I was raised ''mystically''. My dad calls the things that have been visiting ''shadow people''. Who knows, right?
That''s funny because I was raised religiously, but my grandma, even though she was religious, couldn''t deny the mystic part of things. When I was younger I used to see this little girl running down the hall and through the door to the backyard. I didn''t realize till I was older that she wasn''t there. I told my mom, she said, "It''s just your imagination," but I told my grandma and she just smiled and said, "I know, I see her too." But I hear ya on the intuition thing. It gets annoying sometimes because you just KNOW something is going to happen, try to talk yourself out of being irrational, and then it happens, lol.

*M*

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:56:00 PM
I''m home alone too. Thank goodness I have dogs.

Me too. But don''t think the Chihuahua would be much protection. I''ll sure be glad when David gets home tommorrow night. I guess I should probably lock the door.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure locking the door would help!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
lol.....probably not. But I locked it anyway. lol

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that my boyfriend is next to me right now. These stories are freaky! I''m about to go read the rest of the other thread.

Amber...I''m terrified of windows at night too. I thought I was the only one!!

Scary movies don''t do it for me either. I think the only movie that has ever scared me was pet cemetary by steven king...and low and behold its about ghosts and coming back from the dead. Has anyone here ever watched "a haunting"? I think it''s on the discovery channel.....that show DEFINITELY freaks me out.

I don''t have any ghost stories (thank God) but to tel you the truth I don''t think I could handle seeing a ghost. I would probably FREAK OUT. This past halloween I made a ouija board out of paper and played around with it, not really expecting it to work. Well I don''t know if I was having hand spasms or what, but I felt that thing move. I''m thinking it wasn''t me, because I''m skeptical by nature and it freaked me out to the point that I took my hands off and said "I''m sorry! Nevermind!!!!" And then ran downstairs where my boyfriend was.

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
Oh wow reading this thread gave me the heebee geebees and I had to make comments :)!! Amber, I think if I saw a hand by the side of my bed, I would seriously freak and never sleep there again!! Harriet, I have heard of that day where the hungry ghosts come back ::shivers::. And my husband is korean, and he's very into the paranormal. He doesn't like me watching the shows because he says it will bring them in the house. He has done "spirit writing" and it was said that he has tons of spirits following ihm, one a classmate. It's weird because we get tons of "orbs" in pictures that have him in it. Now, to my experiences

When I was younger, one night right before a midterm I was in bed laying down with the lights off and my nightlight on (I still sleep with one, I'm terrifed of the dark) and all of a sudden above my doorway there was a large black shadow that kept changing shapes, it actually looked like an amoeba. The strangest thing was, is that it was super dark, nearly impossible to see through. Well, I screamed for my sister and was just frozen until she came in. The next morning,without mentioning it to my mother, she told me that she saw a dark shadow by her window in the shape of a man and we live on the second floor so it couldn't have been someone outside.

I've also seen people walking in my hallway. Once I actually heard my little sister cry when she was a baby, and then seconds later saw something running from the room. Now in the house I rent with my husband, the first night we were there I woke up at 2am and heard very loud and clear whistling coming from downstairs. It terrifed me. A few weeks later, I was downstairs cooking and my husband was in our bedroom, all of a sudden I heard him screaming for me. I ran upstairs and he shhshed me, and there was the sound of someone snapping their fingers coming from our closet. It happened a few times, and then stopped. It's only happened once or twice since.

Have any of you dreamt of something, and then it happens? I have dreamt about pets dying, and the next day I'll find them dead and in the same position as I had found them in the dream. Then when my grandmother passed away, that morning a few hours after she had passed, but before I knew about it, I had a dream about her and the house she used to live in.

Oh and to all of you that are terrified of bloody mary, I'm still terrified of looking in mirrors at night as well. I'm also terrified of looking in a window and seeing something staring back at me or behind me, I thought I was the only one!! Ok I'm going to stop now since I think I've made this long enough and have scared the pants off myslef...::shivers::.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:48:41 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''m so glad that my boyfriend is next to me right now. These stories are freaky! I''m about to go read the rest of the other thread.

Scary movies don''t do it for me either. I think the only movie that has ever scared me was pet cemetary by steven king...and low and behold its about ghosts and coming back from the dead. Has anyone here ever watched ''a haunting''? I think it''s on the discovery channel.....that show DEFINITELY freaks me out.

I don''t have any ghost stories (thank God) but to tel you the truth I don''t think I could handle seeing a ghost. I would probably FREAK OUT. This past halloween I made a ouija board out of paper and played around with it, not really expecting it to work. Well I don''t know if I was having hand spasms or what, but I felt that thing move. I''m thinking it wasn''t me, because I''m skeptical by nature and it freaked me out to the point that I took my hands off and said ''I''m sorry! Nevermind!!!!'' And then ran downstairs where my boyfriend was.

Ouija boards are the one thing I won''t touch. I don''t care if they are made by a regular game company, I''ve heard way too many bad things happening with these from friends who don''t even believe in ghosts.

*M*

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Eeep! I''m seriously creeped out now! I''d forgotten about those Bloody Mary stories...
32.gif

The only "gost story" I have is about my grandmother''s "spouse" (for lack of better word). My grandmother was a widow at 40 and never remarried, but she met this man when I was 9 years old and they lived together until he died 7 years later. He was the closest thing I had to a grandfather, and he was closer to me than to my grandma''s four other grandkids. I was "his Roxy", and to this day I''ve never allowed anyone else to call me that. He was very special to me. He died just before my 16th birthday. My grandmother was with him when he passed away, and she says the last thing he did was ask for me.
39.gif
He was American, from the northern NY state, and the burial was in his home town, about 6 hours from us. My siblings and I were juniors and seniors in HS and had important ministerial exams, so my mom refused to take us. To this day she regrets it because we probably could have asked to retake those exams because of a close family death even though he wasn''t our real grandfather... Anyway, consciously I knew he was gone, but I had a really hard time grieving. Everytime my grandma would come over, I''d feel disappointed but wouldn''t know why (now I know that I was unconsciously expecting him), same when we visited her. Sometimes I swear I''d hear him laugh (this man loved to laugh!) and when I''d go to bed I''d feel like he was tucking me in like he used to... 18 months later we finally went to see his grave. I saw it and I just... it was like learning he was dead all over again. I finally could grieve, and he... finally went to Heaven, I guess. Looking back on it, I''m very grateful that he was there to comfort me for as long as I needed it.

Oh, and I saw my gardian angel once. I woke up (and I was really awake), and there was and Indian chief sitting with his arms and legs crossed at the foot of my bed. He smiled at me and I felt very safe. I checked if my bedroom door was open and then he was gone.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:55:43 PM
Author: anchor31
Eeep! I''m seriously creeped out now! I''d forgotten about those Bloody Mary stories...
32.gif

The only ''gost story'' I have is about my grandmother''s ''spouse'' (for lack of better word). My grandmother was a widow at 40 and never remarried, but she met this man when I was 9 years old and they lived together until he died 7 years later. He was the closest thing I had to a grandfather, and he was closer to me than to my grandma''s four other grandkids. I was ''his Roxy'', and to this day I''ve never allowed anyone else to call me that. He was very special to me. He died just before my 16th birthday. My grandmother was with him when he passed away, and she says the last thing he did was ask for me.
39.gif
He was American, from the northern NY state, and the burial was in his home town, about 6 hours from us. My siblings and I were juniors and seniors in HS and had important ministerial exams, so my mom refused to take us. To this day she regrets it because we probably could have asked to retake those exams because of a close family death even though he wasn''t our real grandfather... Anyway, consciously I knew he was gone, but I had a really hard time grieving. Everytime my grandma would come over, I''d feel disappointed but wouldn''t know why (now I know that I was unconsciously expecting him), same when we visited her. Sometimes I swear I''d hear him laugh (this man loved to laugh!) and when I''d go to bed I''d feel like he was tucking me in like he used to... 18 months later we finally went to see his grave. I saw it and I just... it was like learning he was dead all over again. I finally could grieve, and he... finally went to Heaven, I guess. Looking back on it, I''m very grateful that he was there to comfort me for as long as I needed it.

Oh, and I saw my gardian angel once. I woke up (and I was really awake), and there was and Indian chief sitting with his arms and legs crossed at the foot of my bed. He smiled at me and I felt very safe. I checked if my bedroom door was open and then he was gone.
Hehe, I used to tell my mom that my guardian angel liked to play with my hair because I could feel someone tugging on it when no one was in the room. It didn''t scare me, but I never saw her... lucky you!

*M*

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:50:27 PM
Author: KindredSpirit717
Oh wow reading this thread gave me the heebee geebees and I had to make comments :)!! Amber, I think if I saw a hand by the side of my bed, I would seriously freak and never sleep there again!! Harriet, I have heard of that day where the hungry ghosts come back ::shivers::. And my husband is korean, and he''s very into the paranormal. He doesn''t like me watching the shows because he says it will bring them in the house. He has done ''spirit writing'' and it was said that he has tons of spirits following ihm, one a classmate. It''s weird because we get tons of ''orbs'' in pictures that have him in it. Now, to my experiences

When I was younger, one night right before a midterm I was in bed laying down with the lights off and my nightlight on (I still sleep with one, I''m terrifed of the dark) and all of a sudden above my doorway there was a large black shadow that kept changing shapes, it actually looked like an amoeba. The strangest thing was, is that it was super dark, nearly impossible to see through. Well, I screamed for my sister and was just frozen until she came in. The next morning,without mentioning it to my mother, she told me that she saw a dark shadow by her window in the shape of a man and we live on the second floor so it couldn''t have been someone outside.

I''ve also seen people walking in my hallway. Once I actually heard my little sister cry when she was a baby, and then seconds later saw something running from the room. Now in the house I rent with my husband, the first night we were there I woke up at 2am and heard very loud and clear whistling coming from downstairs. It terrifed me. A few weeks later, I was downstairs cooking and my husband was in our bedroom, all of a sudden I heard him screaming for me. I ran upstairs and he shhshed me, and there was the sound of someone snapping their fingers coming from our closet. It happened a few times, and then stopped. It''s only happened once or twice since.

Have any of you dreamt of something, and then it happens? I have dreamt about pets dying, and the next day I''ll find them dead and in the same position as I had found them in the dream. Then when my grandmother passed away, that morning a few hours after she had passed, but before I knew about it, I had a dream about her and the house she used to live in.

Oh and to all of you that are terrified of bloody mary, I''m still terrified of looking in mirrors at night as well. I''m also terrified of looking in a window and seeing something staring back at me or behind me, I thought I was the only one!! Ok I''m going to stop now since I think I''ve made this long enough and have scared the pants off myslef...::shivers::.
I sometimes dream about people and then happen to run into them...These are not people I see everyday or even frequently. I mean folks I haven''t seen in 10 years or old HS boyfriends/friends that I haven''t seen since 1993! It spookes me every time it happens.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:52:20 PM
Author: poptart
Date: 4/27/2007 10:48:41 PM

Scary movies don''t do it for me either. I think the only movie that has ever scared me was pet cemetary by steven king...and low and behold its about ghosts and coming back from the dead. Has anyone here ever watched ''a haunting''? I think it''s on the discovery channel.....that show DEFINITELY freaks me out.

I don''t have any ghost stories (thank God) but to tel you the truth I don''t think I could handle seeing a ghost. I would probably FREAK OUT. This past halloween I made a ouija board out of paper and played around with it, not really expecting it to work. Well I don''t know if I was having hand spasms or what, but I felt that thing move. I''m thinking it wasn''t me, because I''m skeptical by nature and it freaked me out to the point that I took my hands off and said ''I''m sorry! Nevermind!!!!'' And then ran downstairs where my boyfriend was.

Ouija boards are the one thing I won''t touch. I don''t care if they are made by a regular game company, I''ve heard way too many bad things happening with these from friends who don''t even believe in ghosts.

*M*

I played with an Ouija board one time. When the pointer started moving, my friend and I both screamed....then threw the thing in the trash outside. I''ve never touched one since.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this thread IS creepy. I''ve had a few things happen that made me wonder about the ''other side''. Nothing scary though. When DH and I were first married I had a lamp plugged in on a regular wall outlet. The lamp would come unplugged by itself all of the time. I wouldn''t think anything about that, but, the door would close in that room and things would be moved around from time to time. Neither DH or I moved them. For the 9 years we lived in our old house I always hated being in the family room alone when it was dark. I would feel very silly running out of the room scared if I had to be in there for some reason. I don''t know why, but, that room always creeped me out.

Does anyone believe a house can bring bad luck or karma??? We''re beginning to call our new house the Poltergeist house. Since it was new construction we are wondering what was leveled or filled for our lot...Something not very happy, I''d guess.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
The weird thing is that I know that you aren''t supposed to play with a ouija board by yourself. But I did anyway because I was curious and thought it wouldn''t work since it was made out of paper. I don''t think I''ll ever touch when ever again.

My friend told me this story about her uncle...apparently he was obsessed with playing with the boards and would do it all the time by himself. He used to live with her family when she was younger so she would always see him playing with it. She told me that one time she walked into his bedroom without knocking and saw him sitting indian-style on his floor and staring at the wall. The ouija board was in front of him and it was moving by itself. She got freaked out and tried to get her uncle''s attention but he just ignored her and stared at the wall, not even acknowledging her presence. It was like he was in a trance.

Cinderella posted this on the other thread and I think it is SO freaky!!!!!! Honestly--I''m thirsty and I don''t even dare to go downstairs for water now!!!

"My BF knows this girl who can see ghosts, and she has been able to see them ever since she was a little girl. According to her, these ghosts are everywhere, and that everyone has a ghost following them. When she was a little girl, she told her mom about the ghosts, and her mom used to take her to all these different temples to try to excorcise this "third eye" out of her. They were always unsuccessful, so eventually she started telling her mom that one of the excorcisms worked, just so her mom would stop dragging her all over the world in an attempt to cure her of her visions.
This girl describes the ghosts as individuals with faces. The ones that aren''t following their humans around just stand against a wall, facing the wall, with their heads hanging down, looking at the ground. She says that they are everywhere, but that bus stops are the places where these ghosts prefer to hang out. They like sitting in the bus stops, staring at the ground. She also says that the ghosts that follow people around tend to be bloody, and most don''t say anything or do anything. They just stand there. Sometimes, they get mad and go right up to people''s faces and start screaming at the humans. Right in their faces. But humans don''t notice and just go about doing their own thing. She says that successful people tend to have some really ugly, really bloody and maimed looking ghosts that follow them everywhere, whereas the average person has an average ghost that doesn''t look as scary."

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 11:43:06 PM
The weird thing is that I know that you aren''t supposed to play with a ouija board by yourself. But I did anyway because I was curious and thought it wouldn''t work since it was made out of paper. I don''t think I''ll ever touch when ever again.

My friend told me this story about her uncle...apparently he was obsessed with playing with the boards and would do it all the time by himself. He used to live with her family when she was younger so she would always see him playing with it. She told me that one time she walked into his bedroom without knocking and saw him sitting indian-style on his floor and staring at the wall. The ouija board was in front of him and it was moving by itself. She got freaked out and tried to get her uncle''s attention but he just ignored her and stared at the wall, not even acknowledging her presence. It was like he was in a trance.

Cinderella posted this on the other thread and I think it is SO freaky!!!!!! Honestly--I''m thirsty and I don''t even dare to go downstairs for water now!!!

''My BF knows this girl who can see ghosts, and she has been able to see them ever since she was a little girl. According to her, these ghosts are everywhere, and that everyone has a ghost following them. When she was a little girl, she told her mom about the ghosts, and her mom used to take her to all these different temples to try to excorcise this ''third eye'' out of her. They were always unsuccessful, so eventually she started telling her mom that one of the excorcisms worked, just so her mom would stop dragging her all over the world in an attempt to cure her of her visions.

This girl describes the ghosts as individuals with faces. The ones that aren''t following their humans around just stand against a wall, facing the wall, with their heads hanging down, looking at the ground. She says that they are everywhere, but that bus stops are the places where these ghosts prefer to hang out. They like sitting in the bus stops, staring at the ground. She also says that the ghosts that follow people around tend to be bloody, and most don''t say anything or do anything. They just stand there. Sometimes, they get mad and go right up to people''s faces and start screaming at the humans. Right in their faces. But humans don''t notice and just go about doing their own thing. She says that successful people tend to have some really ugly, really bloody and maimed looking ghosts that follow them everywhere, whereas the average person has an average ghost that doesn''t look as scary.''

Oh sweet goodness... I am so afraid right now. And I''m alone
32.gif
!! Too much!

*M*

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to spook everyone!! I was just in the bedroom with FI, and we were talking about it- he thinks maybe these ghosty things came with HIM, and for some reason they are attracted to me. I dunno. Usually I go to bed later then him, just go in at night while he''s sleeping. Now I don''t know what to do.
32.gif
He asked me if this is why I''m always freaked out when he gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I hadn''t realized it, but I guess it IS why.

As for the ouija board, my Catholic mom warned me never to play with those- they let in the devil, she said. And once you open that door- it''s OPEN. YIKES.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't believe in ghosts but I do have something that happened to me.

I actually had something scary happen to me. I had a little jewlery box that also was a music box as a teenage that I NEVER WOUND. Well my great aunt passed away and she was a nice lady. I would always say my bedtime prayers and asking God to give me a sign she was in heaven. So I fall asleep and then woke up because my jewlery box starts playing music at 3 am in the morning. I was soooooo scared.
6.gif
I started praying that I never get a sign like that again; it stops playing after awhile but of course I am too scared. Now for sure I watch what I pray for when it comes to people who pass away.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 12:05:03 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Sorry to spook everyone!! I was just in the bedroom with FI, and we were talking about it- he thinks maybe these ghosty things came with HIM, and for some reason they are attracted to me. I dunno. Usually I go to bed later then him, just go in at night while he's sleeping. Now I don't know what to do.
32.gif
He asked me if this is why I'm always freaked out when he gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I hadn't realized it, but I guess it IS why.

As for the ouija board, my Catholic mom warned me never to play with those- they let in the devil, she said. And once you open that door- it's OPEN. YIKES.

Yeah, don't do it. Maybe say a prayer.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Seriously.....I'm scarred for life now. I'm constantly going to wonder if a bloody ghost is screaming in my face!!!!!

I also wanted to add that my boyfriend and I live in a small house. It's two stories, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths...but it's still really small. I always feel uncomfortable in one of the upstairs bathrooms and in one of the bedrooms. We don't use either room, but I usually book it when I'm walking by them, I have no idea why. Just a weird feeling I get.

Completely unrelated-- a few months ago there was a yard sale in our neighborhood. We went to check it out and ended up buying a dining room table. The guy that sold it to us was very nice. He told us that everything had to go.
Well, we later found out that he didn't own the stuff....he was the landlord. He had been renting the house out to a couple that were in their mid thirties with no children. Apparently they had a bit of a gambling problem and were in a huge amount of debt. So....they sat in thier garage with their car running and committed suicide. Before they did it, they sent out two suicide notes, one to a relative in another state, and one to the landlord telling him that he can sell everything in the house to make up the money that they owe him. We found all of this out AFTER we bought the table.

Since then, we joke and say that the table is responsible for all the weird things that happen in our house. But the real freaky thing is that we have two cats and I've caught them both STARING at the table. I'll be playing with them on the floor and they will stop what they are doing and just stare at it...for no reason. I'll look over there to see what they are looking at and I never see anything. I even check to see if there is a fly crawling around or something...there is never anything!

One of my cats does it in the bedroom too. At night this cat goes to sleep on my pillow above my head. Every once in a while I will look up to pet it and it will be staring across the room...at what, I have no idea. But it's ears are perked up and whatever it's looking at has really got it's attention. It seriously freaks me out. STOP STARING INTO THIN AIR KITTY!!!

ETA: Another weird thing that I forgot about is that almost every night when my boyfriend and were going to sleep we would hear tapping on our bedframe behind out heads. Our bedframe was propped up against the wall. We never knew where this sound was coming from because it wasn't like we were constantly moving on the bed. We would be trying to sleep! Another weird thing about it is that the taps always had a rhythm to them. Like a melody. When trying to fall asleep and listening to the tapping I could always predict when the next tap would be. Definitely weird.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in HS, my grandmother got sick and ended up in the hospital. The family was called together, as she was given a few days. Most of the time was spent at the hospital, and it was wearing on me. I asked if I could get away for a little bit (hey, I was young) and see some friends that I''d only see once or twice a year. While out with my friends, I felt a kiss on my cheek. I told my friends that my grandma just died. I waited about half an hour before going back to the hospital. The aide was just finishing making up her bed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results