shape
carat
color
clarity

Can People Be Haunted?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, this may be a long post, but I'm kinda wondering about this. Years ago, FI and I lived in a hosue that had two family members die there- and a lot of sad times (cancer sufferer) were had there. At night you'd hear tapping and things would turn on that weren't plugged or had batteries. You'd always see a round glowing thing in all pictures where there was a dolphin (one the of deceased collected dolphin things), and it was constant weirdness. A couple nights I'd awaken and see something dark standing by my bed, a shadow type of thing- all black. It looked like a shadow of a man wearing a hat. It happened a lot, and I always figured it was my FI getting something out of his dresser (on my side). Well, one night I asked him what he was looking for and then heard him snoring next to me- so it wasn't him standing there! Like the strong courageous young woman I am, I screamed and hid under the covers, after I pushed off the dresser with my feet and rammed into FI.

Anyway, we moved out and it didn't happen again. Now, in our new place, things go missing, or just get lost, the dog barks at the weirdest things and now I'm having weird middle of the night things again. I have a plastic bag beside my bed (don't even ask, I just forget to toss it). So the last few nights I've heard the crackle of someone stepping on it, and then I open my eyes and there's a hand there, moving as if it is reaching towards me. This has happened a couple of times, but last night I really opened my eyes and saw it- and again- freaked out.

I'd also like to add that I'm an extremely light sleeper and I get woken up at the slightest things. They aren't dreams, since I'm awake. I can move and speak and pretty much react quickly.
1.gif
I don't know this could be.

I really hate waking up to things like this, and although it sounds odd, I have a little bit of a "precognization" thing. Usually only with my dad and a few relatives, though.

Any ideas?

ETA: I should tell you that this has never happened before we moved into that first old house.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
AW I know exactly what you''re saying. I never really believed in ghosts until I moved into my bfs house. His house was originally built by his grandparents and it''s family knowledge that they still ''live'' there. He told me about it before I moved in, actually he and his sister had a conversation about it in front of me one day and it came up. Anyway, I just laughed it off as them being silly. The first night I stayed there we had been on a date and we watched a movie in the basement rec room. I know we shut off the TV because I watched my bf do it himself. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard the TV in the basement on....at max volume. I''m a very light sleeper so I knew TJ hadn''t gotten up. It was wierd. There are times when I''ll be in the living room and TV goes on and off-or the lights, and sometimes if there are dishes in the sink I''ll hear them rattle like someone is doing dishes(maybe that''s a hint?). IT''S THE WIERDEST THING!!! But for the most part stuff you can chalk up to an overactive imagination. One night the dog was bothering us so we shut the door to the bedroom. I was about half asleep when I heard what sounded like a large man (TJs grandfather was built like Tony Soprano) walk down the hall in what sounded like workboots. I mean you couldn''t mistake the sound of those footprints. They walked into the guestroom which was TJs grandparents room and we didn''t hear anything again that night. I sleep on the side of the bed near the door because I get up every night at least once to use the bathroom. I was so freaked out that night that I made TJ sleep on that side of the bed. It was the only way I could go back to sleep. Out of everything that has happened that was the scariest. Now when stuff like the lights or dishes happens I simply ask them (out loud) to stop. For example if I turn on the TV and it immediately shuts off or changes channel I''ll say "Gram I''d like to watch TV now please." I figure if they''re making themselves known I should let them know I know they''re there.

I know it sounds crazy but it''s true!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
HH, exactly! In the old house, I heard loud, heavy footsteps in the attic, and we were the only ones home. NOT FUN. We kind of joked about a heavy raccoon, but yeah... FI thinks his dad may be visiting me- he passed away 9 years ago.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bf says that if they didn''t like me I would know about it! But let me tell you. Knowing they''re around makes me extra careful when handling things like his grams china.

His ex lived in the house alone for 3 months after they separated and his gram did NOT like her. We often wonder what kind of stuff she heard while she was there...

So far all f my stuff has been aural, not visual so I don''t think it''s too bad. I would be petrified however if I had the experience of seeing a hand next to my bed or a shadowy figure standing over me!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never experienced some of the things that you have...but I do have a story.

Growing up in my parent''s home, we had a large and very loved cat that died when I was about 14 years old. He was a 20 pound cat and he would frequently sleep on my parent''s bed that was pretty high off the ground. When he would jump off the bed it would make a big boom noise and it would gently shake the lights in my dad''s office on the floor below.

So...after the cat died, we continued to hear these noises a couple of times a day for about 3-4 months. *All* of us in the family would hear the sound of the cat jumping off the bed, look up, and then look at each other. It was the craziest thing!! We were never scared since we loved the cat so much, but it was sooo strange. Sometimes we would go check out the noise, and there was never anything that would make the noise in my parent''s bedroom.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, I never believed in this type of stuff until my father and both grandpa''s died within months of each other. I was very close to all three men and losing them right after another was devastaing to me. It was just a few years ago.

Now, whenever I take photos in my house, they have orbs in them. Sometimes just a few, sometimes tons. Its not my camera because I changed cameras, changed lighting etc. It does NOT happen anywhere buy my house. Its creepy. And I get what you are feeling with with your descriptions. It almost like the orbs in the photos are either my grandpas or fathers energy. Now I''m the most logical person in the world and like I said, never believed in this stuff until I lost both my grandpas and father.

I dont'' know what to tell you but I totally believe what you are experiencing. I don''t know if haunted is the rigth word so much as able to sense better. I think my 3 year old can "see" her grandpa''s sometimes. She has described to me how they look but they died right before she was born.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there some sort of ''release'' of this spirit that can be done? Couldn''t hurt, right?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 4:05:41 PM
Author: asscherisme

I think my 3 year old can ''see'' her grandpa''s sometimes. She has described to me how they look but they died right before she was born.

I have heard that young children can see spirits more than adults because they haven''t been subjected to all the negativity about it.

I had some weird experiences after an ex boyfriend died with lights turning on and off. One night soon after Jimmy died, a guy broke into my house. After the police hauled him to jail, I was trying to calm my daughter (he broke in through her bedroom window) and told her how I felt Jimmy was our guardian angel. As soon as I said that, the lights started going on and off. I asked if Jimmy was with us. Again, the lights started going on and off. It was the strangest experience, but helped us feel better.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it''s comforting to know they''re there. BFs gram just about raised him and they were very close. I just wish his grandfather wouldn''t wake me up at night stomping around!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, if I knew it was my grandma or Fi''s Dad, I''d be fine. Not knowing what it is makes it even worse. Sometimes FI thinks I''m insane. I have to do something to get rid of this thing, man!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, what you describe is like my biggest fear! I definitely believe in all this but don''t know if I could live somewhere that this stuff was going on. EEK! I''m such a wimp
15.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 4:26:16 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Yeah, if I knew it was my grandma or Fi''s Dad, I''d be fine. Not knowing what it is makes it even worse. Sometimes FI thinks I''m insane. I have to do something to get rid of this thing, man!

Eeek . . . I don''t know how much I believe the ghost/haunting stuff, beyond a manipulation of your conscious self by your unconscious self BUT I must say Amber, your initial post gave me the chills and I would probably try and find a way to stop these episodes. I wonder if some form of hypnosis that gets your unconscious to "relax" or stop this will work? Anyway, good luck and let us know what happens.

Once in a while I will "feel" the presence of one of my grandparents, never in that ghost/haunting sort of way but a strange feeling that I know is one of them. I have always felt as though this is my subconscious mind keeping them close to my heart.

Maybe just politely asking them to stop because they are scaring you might work? Worth a try?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 4:35:34 PM
Author: hikerchick
Date: 4/27/2007 4:26:16 PM

Eeek . . . I don''t know how much I believe the ghost/haunting stuff, beyond a manipulation of your conscious self by your unconscious self BUT I must say Amber, your initial post gave me the chills and I would probably try and find a way to stop these episodes. I wonder if some form of hypnosis that gets your unconscious to ''relax'' or stop this will work? Anyway, good luck and let us know what happens.

Once in a while I will ''feel'' the presence of one of my grandparents, never in that ghost/haunting sort of way but a strange feeling that I know is one of them. I have always felt as though this is my subconscious mind keeping them close to my heart.

Maybe just politely asking them to stop because they are scaring you might work? Worth a try?

I have actually heard that something like that works. Is there any way you could find out some history on the house? Tell the spirit that you know that they are there, and you live in the house now and want them to leave. You might even need to explain to them that they are dead and that no one they know lives there anymore.

Just a thought.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, most of the time when I notice something weird I scream.
23.gif
I think I may just say something next time, like, "This is my home now, please let me be." FI calls it (them?) Ghostie. I call it annoying. :)

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 5:07:26 PM
Yeah, most of the time when I notice something weird I scream.
23.gif
I think I may just say something next time, like, ''This is my home now, please let me be.'' FI calls it (them?) Ghostie. I call it annoying. :)

Now, this sounds silly, but I''ve heard that sometimes the spirit doesn''t know you are talking to them if you don''t call them by name. Which is why I was wondering if you could find out the history of your house.

How often do you see/hear it?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, Oshinbreeze... That is a great point. I could definitely try to find out something. Well, back at the old place I would SEE it about three nights a week. We''d hear something every other night or so. My FI is the deepest sleeper ever, and sometimes the noise would keep him up.

Now, at the new place, it''s just been in the last few weeks I''ve seen something. But things have been "taken", and there have been noises since we moved in, about three years ago, in October.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
AW, at the risk of sounding like a crazy person... I very much believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, and all of that since I have been seeing stuff like that since I was a little kid. Yes, people can have spirits that follow them around. But if this one is scaring you, then you should probably do something to rid yourself of it. Go with your gut feeling. There were ghosts in my old house that I used to see in the kitchen and they didn''t scare me at all, and then one night I saw something *else* and knew instantly whatever it was, was bad. If you believe in native american spirituality, you can smudge the house with a stick of sage which cleanses the area. You can google it to read the ritual. Unless it''s really hurting you or something I would just let it be. It probably just wants your attention by moving things around and walking around. Ok. I really do sound crazy. Sorry. I swear I''m *mostly* normal
3.gif

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i totally believe in this stuff...i kind of buy into the whole idea that there are different planes of existence, kind of like ghost whisperer or the sixth sense displays. that there are probably spirits that are amongst us that we don't even know are there and 99% of the time don't interact with or see or sense.

my mom has always said that you can inadvertently 'invite' spirits into your house...something about if you talk about spirits or something or seem open somehow? anyway, in one of our houses when i was younger i definitely felt like sometimes there was another presence. our 'library' which was just a really big bonus room slash office with a bunch of wall to wall bookshelves...i hated spending time in there alone because i always felt somewhat unsettled. it was the room next to my room, and sometimes when i would wake up in the middle of the night, i would SWEAR that i could hear someone standing at the foot of my bed because i could hear their breathing. talk about freaky. i am such a wuss too about being alone and at night in the dark kinda thing. yikes. anyway, i eventually moved downstairs into another bedroom and i never really had that problem again about the waking up/end of bed thing. but i always disliked the library. sometimes in that same house also my parents would go out and leave me babysitting my sister(s) and sometimes i'd be sitting on the couch which had a stair kind of railing next to it that separated the kitchen/nook from the family room, and i would feel like someone was standing right next to me on the other side of the railing. the weird thing was that the house was brand new so i was always like ... how could this be a spirit attached to the house, maybe we accidentally invited it in? so i have always tried not to talk about this stuff like in my own home hahaa.

my mom has always said that you can tell the spirit to 'Go Away' and leave you alone. i have always done that and it honestly SEEMS to work, but i don't know if it's a mental placebo or if it really works, hahaa. But you have to be forceful and can't be all wussy about it apparently. i would be like GO AWAY and LEAVE ME ALONE and it seemed to work.

anyway, this is all just speculation and i am kind of smirking as i write it because i do believe in earthbound spirits, but i don't know what really works vs doesn't and sometimes i wonder if it just seems hokey. but anyway...good luck amber!

i almost wonder if your precog kind of capabilities give you some sort of aura that attracts spirits to you? interesting anyway.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re supposed to tell them to go to the light, to cross over etc... My brother believed in this too. Thankfully our house is not haunted. But have seen enough of those TV shows to know, it''s people that are caught and haven''t crossed over. From what I have heard they don''t mean you any harm.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I grew up in Asia, where a lot of people believe in spirits. Till this day, I'm scared of staying in hotels by myself.

My family went on vacation with a tour group to Bangkok when I was a kid. One of the women had been warned by her fortune-teller beforehand to avoid a certain temple. Well, she didn't. Lo and behold, the next day she was like a woman possessed -- she was ranting and raving, and kept trying to snatch my mother's cross and wanted the hotel bible out of the room. Turns out that when she was out earlier, she prostrated herself at every shrine in the street. She had to be sedated and put on a wheelchair for the flight home. Oh, and her husband told us that the night before she had seen an old mand in the hotel room. The hotel staff confirmed that that room was haunted. Eeks!

One more story, before I seriously freak out. I have a friend who says she has the third eye. She'd see spirits all around London. In college, she went into some kind of a trance, and it required 3 men to restrain her. She's teensy too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 8:31:21 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I never believed in ghosts and still don''t really. But something happened to me in Ireland that really made me wonder.

I posted the (long) story on another ghost thread here on PS that came up a while back. It''s on page 2.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whos-scared-of-ghosts.44721/page-2

WOW. Was the part about the son and daughter really true?? And they really locked both of them in the attic and he killed her?? Tht was a GREAT story... not to mention it being true! I''m sorry you had such a scare, but wow. You are a great story teller.

*M*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 8:39:17 PM
Author: poptart

I never believed in ghosts and still don't really. But something happened to me in Ireland that really made me wonder.

I posted the (long) story on another ghost thread here on PS that came up a while back. It's on page 2.

WOW. Was the part about the son and daughter really true?? And they really locked both of them in the attic and he killed her?? Tht was a GREAT story... not to mention it being true! I'm sorry you had such a scare, but wow. You are a great story teller.

*M*
LOL...no...the son and the daughter was something I made up in my head (I was being sarcastic in the story)...a flowers in the attic reference as since the owner of the B&B was being a bit cold with me that morning (probably thinking I let that guy in) and I jokingly thought in my head that she must know something about the mysterious visitor to my room and something sinister must be going on.

I don't have an answer to who that guy was to this day. I only know that as soon as the owners called, he disappeared without a trace. As the owner said, they monitored all the doors and windows and no one left. They also had no Irish guests that evening.
32.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve stopped reading the other thread, because I''m creeped out now.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 8:44:59 PM
Date: 4/27/2007 8:39:17 PM

Author: poptart

I never believed in ghosts and still don''t really. But something happened to me in Ireland that really made me wonder.

I posted the (long) story on another ghost thread here on PS that came up a while back. It''s on page 2.

WOW. Was the part about the son and daughter really true?? And they really locked both of them in the attic and he killed her?? Tht was a GREAT story... not to mention it being true! I''m sorry you had such a scare, but wow. You are a great story teller.

*M*

LOL...no...the son and the daughter was something I made up in my head (I was being sarcastic in the story)...a flowers in the attic reference as since the owner of the B&B was being a bit cold with me that morning (probably thinking I let that guy in) and I jokingly thought in my head that she must know something about the mysterious visitor to my room and something sinister must be going on.

I don''t have an answer to who that guy was to this day. I only know that as soon as the owners called, he disappeared without a trace. As the owner said, they monitored all the doors and windows and no one left. They also had no Irish guests that evening.
32.gif
How do you have something happen like that and NOT believe in ghosts? I was so nervous that the sister and brother story was true, lol! You really do have a gift for story telling though. I love reading the stories about your travels on various threads!

*M*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, that other thread WAS creepy. Some hair raising stories there!

haha poptart...I still don''t know what to believe. I''m not a ghost-believing kinda gal. And yeah, I made up the last bit of story re: my explanation with the daughter and son, to be a bit facetious. I didn''t appreciate that she obviously thought I let some guy in the house to have a rendez-vous with him or something and wrote that last bit as a bit of "revenge" for the amusement of my readers who I was sending these stories to back home. The point was, even though the part I made up was ludricrous (toilet drowning and all), I STILL do not have a real answer to who the hell that guy was. You''d think if he wanted to really do me harm, he would have forced his way in, but he never touched anything, except to knock on the door when I closed it. A few days later I was in another B&B with that kind of keyhole and I slept with the lights on again. They freak me out.

The kicker though...is that my ghost was pretty good looking.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I edited an earlier post to include some of my stories. Have you read them? When I was a kid, there was an urban legend that there was an old lady ground who'd go around cleaning peoples flats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, didn''t see that and just went back and read them Harriet. It''s all creepy. I''m glad the sun is still out and my hubby is out his way home!

Slasher movies and such don''t scare me. But the Sixth Sense, while only a PG-13 movie scared the daylights out of me. I guess it''s because after watching a Friday the 13th type movie, you probably really don''t believe a Jason or Freddy or whatever is going to come after you. But ghosts...you really just never know if they''re there....muahahahaha...

Like I said, I don''t really believe in them, but if it''s night and I am in bed alone and thinking about it...well, I kind of have a hard time wanting to open my eyes. And I STILL hate going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and looking into the mirror. That bloody Mary story that everyone told when we were kids still wigs me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you on the Sixth Sense. Eeks. What Bloody Mary story? Btw, you mentioned being Korean. Are you guys as superstitious as us Chinese (please don''t fame me anyone)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results