shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I still consider myself a BIW? WINK WINK!!!!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
We decided it would be easier to have a legal ceremony in the US, but keep it a secret (which is next to impossible for me to do!)
I wanted to share the details of our wonderful wedding in this annonymous setting, here on Pricescope.
I still can't beleive I am married!!!!!!!!!!
************************************************************************************************************************************

Monday night at 7PM, we had a JP come over to the house to marry us. It was just the two of us.

I wore the “second” wedding dress I got for Mexico (sleeveless ivory cocktail dress, gorgeous) and Mr Pushin wore his tuxedo. So handsome!

The big living room was set up with a table that had pictures of our families, and tons of candles everywhere. We laid out objects from our loved ones who are no longer with us- My Dad's Army pin, a cross from my Mom, and a tie tac from B's dad. We had a short candlelit service (about 7 minutes long which we captured on video). I used my engagement ring and he used his silver ring we got for him in Mexico a few years back, for the exchanging of the rings. (We haven’t bought our wedding rings yet.) It was very emotional and special - really, more so than I thought it would be. I couldn't stop looking in his eyes, and he said such wonderful things to me. I am one lucky woman let me tall ya....(OH - advice - look in his eyes and squeeze his hands for instant strength!)

I cried qite a bit yet held it together pretty well.

Following the ceremony, we had a toast with a special 25 year old bottle of champagne that we have been saving for our wedding, for over 7 years now. Then we danced for the first time as husband and wife to Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold.

After the quick toast, we went out to dinner at a fabulous restaurant. We went there for our anniversary a few years ago – great atmosphere and great food.

We won’t count this as our anniversary, but in reality, this is when I became Mrs Pushin!! I’m not going to change my name until we come back from Mexico. NOBODY knows - it's so weird!

Something that was pretty cool - before we left the house for dinner, B went into the living room and blew out the 20 or so candles. Right in the middle of the table was my Grandmothers wedding picture, with a candle right in front of it. It took B 4 tries until he was able to extinguish the flame - it just wouldn’t go out. I know it was a sign. I lost her back in March.....It was VERY important that she see me get engaged, which she did, and she loved, loved, loved, B.

I had asked Mom, Dad, my grandmother, and Bruce's Dad to join us in spirit for the wedding, and I know they were all there.

We are so happy!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love this and you should celebrate in some small way this anniversary every year. It could be like a secret you keep for years! CUTE!

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Aw what an awesome story! And I love Eva Cassidy's version of fields of gold! I cry every time I hear it! Congrats to you and your husband!!

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you and your husband! :appl:
That sounds like such a sweet story. You should definitely celebrate it as a secret anniversary every year!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I'm teary reading your story. So special!! Congratulations!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
This is WONDERFUL.

Congratulations, have a beautiful time in Mexico :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
sounds truly wonderful and moving. congratulations. you should definitely get to celebrate a mini-anniversary as well as the "real" wedding anniversary every year.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh what a sweeet story. My eyes are literally filled with tears! Congratulations on the wedding :)) That is so exciting!! Have a great time in Mexico!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
P40-

This is such a WONDERFUL and romantic story. I am so happy that you shared it with us! What a perfect way to begin your life together...

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!
I got goose bumps reading that.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful and sweet story. I'm very happy for the two of you.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Pushin! What a romantic ceremony! And how great that you included memories of your family members that have passed. Of course you can still consider yourself a BIW!
My Dh and I did something similar and as excited as I am for our "wedding", there is something so special about how private our secret ceremony was.

So... enjoy your first week of Marital bliss and I hope you have an AMAZING time in Mexico!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

It really was very special and it makes me so happy to share the news.....its also special that I can get my emotions through in writing and even get some of you ladies teared up! :love: I cried like a baby.

I think we will celebrate 9/13 privately going forward. It's more "real" than the 11/26 date.

Our first few days of marriage has been GREAT! I'm also suprised at how different we both feel. B says he never thought he could love me more, but he says now he does......I love that man so much its unreal. I waited so long for this day - we had to go through so much to get here. With all of the challenges we've had to face as a couple, and with 10 years already under our belt, I have 100% confidence this will be "till death do us part".

What is also strange is suddenly we've had a string of good news come our way - financial stuff, news on the job front, stuff with family..... It almost feels like a reward for moving forward and doing what we were meant to do. Becoming man and wife!!!!

BLISSSSSSSSS!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like it was a very sentimental ceremony. :saint:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like it was a very sentimental ceremony. :saint:

A

Anonymous

+1 in the "hide my face so nobody at work sees me crying and wonders what's wrong" category. :oops: Your private wedding sounds SO wonderful, being able to just focus on the two of you and freely express yourselves to each other. I'd absolutely love to be able to do that! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your first few days as husband and wife, and get to have another one in Mexico to celebrate with your friends and family! ::)

What an amazing story! You told it so well I could picture it all happening! It sounded so warm and filled with love, and very, very special, I'm sure! Congrats!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome story!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I'm super emotional right about due to stuff going on in my own life so when I read your story I totally started crying at my desk! Such a sweet, sentimental story. Love it. Cherish those moments forever!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations :) it sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Not crying at all, just grinning ear to ear

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Aww, this is just the sweetest story! Thank you so much for sharing with us. It put a big smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Wishing you and your new husband a long and happy life together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results