shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I see pics of yellow gold with sapphires please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ibelieve

Rough_Rock
Any color sapphires, or even other gemstones is fine. I''m so used to seeing everything in platnum or white gold, but my solitaire is yellow gold. I got this wrap, but not sure if I like it, or if I want to add a band with it also. What are your opinions on it? Does it look too dated, or not modern? I really don''t think I like the chunky look from the side that comes from the wrap. Also, I''m worried about it rubbing the gold on my solitaire. Should I just ignore that??? Would it be better to get a setting with sapphires already with the diamond, instead of a wrap? Any suggestions/comments are appreciated! Thanks ladies

sapphwrap.jpg

yuck! I never noticed how hairy my hands were, geez, I''m glad it doesn''t look like that in real life, Don''t know why my pic posted so HUGE, it wasn''t that big on my computer...oh, well...going to buy nair now....

LOL, Ibelieve! I wasn''t sure if you were looking just for engagement rings in YG with sapphires or others, too. So here''s my yg with sapphires and diamonds.

cmssaphrng.JPG

Here is a YG sapphire and diamond wrap that I also have. That''s a very old and yucky CZ solitaire in the middle [I''m going to have to visit Wink soon].

cmssaphwrp.JPG

I love sapphires and diamonds together. I personally don''t think your ring looks dated. I recently had a new wedding set made with white gold. Although I love the ring that my DH and I married with, I feel like the old setting looks dated to me now.

Could you post more pics of your ring and include a side view?

Here is a link for some sapphire and wedding rings....not sure if you wanted to stick with sapphires or not?;

http://www.ringdesigner.com/gemstones/sapphires.html

HTH!

I wish I had a picture of my sister''s ring. She has a yellow gold ring with a center RB diamond and two sapphire pears on the sides. (I think I''ve seen one very similar on this forum but don''t know where to look for the picture.) She said she got the side sapphires (i.e. dark) to help the diamond really shine, and it must have worked, because her diamond really does sparkle! It is beautiful. (Also, on this forum, I like the way Tacori E-ring''s sapphires set off her diamond.)
Anyway, I do like the look of yours a lot, with the side sapphires and then diamonds. I have tried on a very similar wrap with my solitaire. And I don''t think it looks dated. But I must admit I too wasn''t crazy about, as you put it, "the chunky look from the side that comes from the wrap" - and, that may be the thing that seems dated, is that wraps in and of themselves seem to be a dated idea, and that extra side-bar thingy makes it obvious it''s a wrap. (Although maybe it can also look like a thin wedding band?) Although it is probably just us that are picky, and others probably wouldn''t notice, but as we''re the ones wearing it then if it bugs you, maybe it''s not the best. (Is this already your wedding ring, or are you still engaged?) Anyway, since you''re looking for opinions, I can say that when I''ve tried on wraps with my solitaire, although I like the flexibility of them, I''ve often thought that, for one thing, on my fingers, I know the two would separate, and what''s the point of that then? So most people seem to get the soldered, and when I think of that I wonder, why not just get a single, pretty ring and wear it? When folks get a wrap as their wedding ring and then solder it to the ER, it looks like one ring, but then you have that ''chunky look from the side that comes from the wrap'', so if it''s going to be just one ring, why not just have one ring? Which is why I''ve been thinking of doing just that. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-should-something-like-this-cost.33376/=
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-it-be-weird-to-do-this.33460/=
[any feedback would be appreciated! :) ]

As for rubbing against the solitaire, I probably wouldn''t worry about it, but some folks do - hence, again, they get them soldered. I just know I would not want to solder them; I''d rather just get a setting in the first place as is.

If anyone out there has a wrap, can they say whether theirs come apart if they''re not soldered?

One thing - in the picture that side-bar thingy looks like it''s bigger than the top part of the ring. Has it been sized for your finger yet? If not, then maybe it won''t bug you as much once it is.

I hope that helps, for what it''s worth! If you''re not married yet and it''s bugging you now, and if you''re like me, it will bug you more later!

Date: 9/21/2005 10:15:58 AM
Author: Odilia
(Also, on this forum, I like the way Tacori E-ring''s sapphires set off her diamond.)

***blush*** Thanks Odilia. I think there is nother better than diamonds with sapphires. I love it. My ring is Plt but I know Tacori makes 18 kt yellow gold. Plus if you find the ring/wrap you like you could always have it custom made in yellow gold. I would suggest concentrating on the design and then you can figure out how to get that design in the metal of your choice.

I had to add this SP band...mmmmmmm

16987.jpg

From JC Store...not sure who that is but it came up in my search. I think this one is yummy!
18.gif

2810.jpg

From Fay Cullen''s website YUM!!!

p0976895756.jpg

Ibelieve,

I don''t think your ring looks dated at all. It''s beautiful!

Another Fay Cullens!

p9865986702.jpg

Can''t remember where I found this one

21654_fpx.jpg

Here are 2 of mine. I actually prefer yellow gold with my sapphires.

shnk33.jpg

this is my original wedding set.

orig33.JPG

WTN those are fabulous!

Thanks! I love my sapphires. Hubby gave me this one for our 15th last year.

afrdeee.jpg

I personally like yellow gold with blue sapphires (and many other colored stones) better than white. Just a personal preference though. Your rings do not look dated at all, Ibelieve. I think they look classic. Someday I''d like to have a 3-stone with a round blue sapphire center (about 3 ct) flanked by round diamonds (1 ct each) -- I''m dreaming of course. I''d definitely mount in a yellow gold shank with white prongs.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP