shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I see a side view of your radiant/emerald/assher 3 stone

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Im resetting my 7.41 x 5.62 radiant solitaire into a a three stone setting using trapezoid side stones. I need to see options for the setting from the side view. All other views are welcome, too. :).

Also any advice on picking trapezoids or sizing them with my center stone is welcome, too!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Can I see a side view of your radiant/emerald/assher 3 s

Emerald Cut

_2675.jpeg

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

Oh!! It's gorgeous, I like the lines of the setting.

Can I see more pictures of it from the top and on your finger? What size finger do you have?

Is it an emerald or radiant? What size center stone? I'm trying to figure out how this will look on me!

Thanks!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sopranojla|1459339834|4013045 said:
Oh!! It's gorgeous, I like the lines of the setting.

Can I see more pictures of it from the top and on your finger? What size finger do you have?

Is it an emerald or radiant? What size center stone? I'm trying to figure out how this will look on me!

Thanks!

That is my first setting. I had it reset by Victor in a groove set Trilogy with fewer prongs.

It is a 2.00 ct Enerald Cut. The sides are .60 cttw

Here is my rest thread with an obnoxious number of pictures. And an explanation why I reset.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-reset.215340/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-reset.215340/[/URL]

_2676.jpeg

_2678.jpeg

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Hello!

I have had a few EC's over the years. The first picture is my ORIGINAl with traps ( it is currently, ironically, on eBay and has been for 6 years since my divorce....by the jeweler who bought it from me). I had it custom done by Tiffany & Co South Coast Plaza.

It is 1.50 E, VS1 with .43cttw Traps.

The second is a 2.1 F, VS1 GRAFF with baguettes. This is my current AND FINAL ring of my lifetime. One with my former HW band, and one alone :) Hope it helps.

For the record, I prefer baguettes to traps. I found the traps a bit distracting. It could be the way Tiffany selected them though... I will never know.

firstringever.jpg

harry-winston-harry-winston-baguette-wedding-band-in-platinum-8533042-3-0.jpg

fullsizerender__245_.jpg

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

I will add some side views of both (have to dig) tonight.

As for picking, obviously colour and clarity are important, and moreover regarding size, I think that finding the ring setting height is key for traps. I am looking for the Assher with Traps I used to own when I was UCLABelle. It was a brandless ring with lots of life, but I had to adjust the traps 4 times. Scrapping settings and jewelers and even once traps. It drove me insane.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

I found my original Asscher from my first husband; with the first traps (.30cttw with a 1.9 Asscher colour I, VVS1 I believe, given it was a decade ago) and the SECOND set of traps (.60cttw with the 1.9 Asscher)....then I switched to the 1.5 Tiffany & Co EC with the custom traps...

So first two pics, small traps, last and third, larger traps, lower setting.

It is really hard to dig up side views and since I only have the Graff, I am not sure how many more pics I can find, but hope this helps.

asscherwithtraps1.jpg

asschertraps1.jpg

asscherwithtraps2.jpg

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

One more of the 1.9 "I" GIA with the larger of the trapezoid step cut diamonds.

Again, I prefer only a max of 2-2.5 mm between the center and the traps. YOU HAVE to have a custom setting, refined overtime...I made the mistake of not selecting the right jeweler and articulating what I wanted.

Tiffany ended up doing well with my EC and custom traps, but again I personally thought for me it took away from my center stone. But everyone loved the look, so it may just be me :)

lastofassherwithtraps.jpg

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much for posting your pictures and sharing your experiences with me. Your post clarified something I was unable to put my finger on while browsing photos of settings online--angle of sidestones! The difference that the small changes you made on your ring are remarkable. They are especially evident in the comparison photos with another ring. This helped me immensely! And again, gorgeous ring!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

Oh my! All amazing rings and settings! I love the emerald with the traps--I personally like the look of traps sort of making the ring appear as one large(r) stone. Since you said you like the side stones at least 2-2.5mm from the center stone, I can understand why that setting bothered you! Lol. That spacing idea is a good and important thing for me to think about! Thank you!!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

I am going to peruse my jewelers case of settings and if I don't see anything close to the picture below, I'm going to have him make my ring. The picture below is my inspiration. One thing I will change is the eternity band. I don't want diamonds to go all the way around--maybe 1/2-3/4. I currently have a microwave wedding band that is too small and cannot be adjusted. My hands (mostly knuckles) went berserk after my son was born and there is very bad arthritis (hand) in both my mom and my grandmother so I know more changes in size are in the horizon for me as I age!
Inspiration for new ring:
image_4357.jpg

And here are a few shots of my current set fwiw:

image_4048.jpg image_4358.jpg

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, Canuk-girl!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a 1.5 EC with .27 ctw baguettes.

img_11254.jpg

img_11255.jpg

img_11256.jpg

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

These side views are beautiful! Keep em coming please!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock

beautiful shots ladies

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results