shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I request help finding this dress?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
totally looked all over the place for it last night- cannot find it to save my life. best of luck, m'dear!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks so much for looking, everyone! Esp. gaby, BBO, violet, ginger - thanks for posting your finds.. I actually ran into a couple of them on my hunt last night ::)

cage back - good to know!!

Ugh. I feel terrible that you guys are doing all this work and I'm just not *loving* anything, for one reason or another :sick: and some of them are super cute, just not *it*, y'know? What I love about that dress is that it looks formal but just a little sexy, to me it doesn't scream one venue or another - like fancy restaurant, or club, or office party (though I sure wouldn't be wearing that to an office party, mind :halo: ). I like that it's tea-length and A-line, and the flow of the chiffon/georgette/whatever it is..!

I'll definitely be calling them tomorrow - and hunting again tonight! And please do keep posting, I promise I'm not as ungrateful as it looks :rodent:

April20

Ideal_Rock
I looked last night and nothin'. I found one with a quasi similar back on Overstock.com, but the front was horrific. Ugh.

I hope you can find something you like!!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
It's no problem. As long as you're not annoyed by my suggestions thus far, I'll keep looking. I think it's fun. Besides...I agree that the dress in the ad is way more classy than the things I've sent your way!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I asked my friend who is a costumer for TV/movies to see if she had any leads on it. She hasn't written me back, but hopefully she'll have some ideas. I too am now obsessed with looking for it. It's almost like a phantom dress. Maybe there's a really good PS seamstress who can design it and make it for us. I'd definitely pay $$ for it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I called, and I played chase the agency (got routed seven ways!), and someone will 'look into it and get back to me within 3-4 days'. Fingers crossed!

manderz - it is! Just.. not quite right. Again ;(

BBO, athena, rhb - this has become a Project. It *will* be found.
Or made, or have one of our many finds so far altered - does anyone know of a good Etsy vendor who does work like this or seamstress (who won't charge an arm and a leg) in the Bay Area (or actually, in Baltimore, I'm willing to wait!)?
DH is even willing to fund the project, once I showed him the pictures :devil:

athena - one of my bridesmaids chose the brown that you linked! it is a really fun, flirty dress :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results