shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I request help finding this dress?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for the red dress that the woman in the Air Wick 2010 Winter Luxury Collection commercial is wearing - or another red dress with that back :love:

I can't find pictures of the thing anywhere - or any information on it! I know it's a long shot but I've seen PSers work miracles on the hunt :bigsmile:

Here's a link to the ad on YouTube (it's in French), you can see the back at ~17seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwLRK8E4wo&feature=related

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Nope sorry (couldn't even download the ad :oops: ). But I hope somebody knows where to get it or something similar.

I had to reply to you; 81 lookie-loo's and nobody bothered to say anything.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Girl, that dress is hot. Let me poke around a bit and see what I can find.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks April! It seriously is 8) I hope you can find something!

Steal - heh, I kinda figured it was a long shot. But good point about the video - screenshots are prob a better idea:

(it's knee-length)

AWD1.jpg

AWD2.jpg

AWD3.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just saw that ad and wondered about the dress, too. But I have looked and look and nothing :(sad

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice dress and more power to ya...I'd look like a trussed up roast in that dress.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I found a bunch of links for people wanting to know who makes that dress, but no answers! I check V's Secret- nothing. I didn't see anything on Nordstrom.com either. I'm going to poke around a little more now that I'm done working and see what I can find.

(I am not tall enough - or thin enough- to pull that dress off, so if you find it, i will expect photos of you in it.)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just emailed Air Wick. I'm going to call in tomorrow. They'll probably think I'm nuts ::)

lol TGal - always such a way with words :rodent:

April - pics - done! If it can be found...

MP - I know, lots of people asking about it, but noone seems to know anything - or have found any alternatives - and I *need* that dress!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie I don't think you're nuts, that's a fabulous dress. Please let us know what they say!

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I can't really offer much help on this specific dress but have you tried the new google shopping beta? Boutiques.com? It shows you a bunch of links for clothing, shoes, handbags, etc. You pick silhouettes, colors etc. that you like and rate the search results it returns, then it suggests more items like the ones you've rated highly. I just bought a new red dress that it helped me find and I've been loving the shoe searches! You might be able to find a dress similar to this one on that site.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IdLikeToBuyAVal|1292464771|2798128 said:
I can't really offer much help on this specific dress but have you tried the new google shopping beta? Boutiques.com? It shows you a bunch of links for clothing, shoes, handbags, etc. You pick silhouettes, colors etc. that you like and rate the search results it returns, then it suggests more items like the ones you've rated highly. I just bought a new red dress that it helped me find and I've been loving the shoe searches! You might be able to find a dress similar to this one on that site.

I did not know about this! I'll give it a shot, thanks for the heads up!

slg - we'll see ;))

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i hope you find out about it! it is a hot dress ;-) good luck w/i was more help!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Man, that dress is so hot....i could never pull it off....first off, i gotta wear a bra...lol....seriously, pic had better be posted if you find that dress.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so worried it was created just for the theme of the commercial. It really is a beauty!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the "cheap" and chic dress! :lol:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK now I want it too!! Of course I want everything Kate Middleton is wearing too, so apparently I'm just a media wh*re.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
part gypsy|1292523662|2798676 said:
Thanks for posting the "cheap" and chic dress! :lol:

Yeah...I have no idea what's CHEAP about that!!! :rolleyes:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
and the retail is $2050??? for that dress?? doesn't look like anything special to me...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
someone asked about it on answers.com but no one answered :(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah.

Just got a reply to my email: since marketing is handled by a different agency, we're sorry but we aren't able to help you.

And I got out too late to call - tomorrow it is. Will update when I do!

I hope it wasn't made for the commercial like sillyberry said - or that there's a decent(ly priced :cheeky: ) alternative! I spent an hour looking last night.. found a couple somewhat similar but most everything is either outright trampy or just a bit too demure... Another option is to buy a long dress w/ an open back, there are more of those, and have it hemmed I guess...

Does anyone know the proper description for that style of back? That's the part that's making me swoon - I don't particularly care about the front one way or another. I tried 'open', 'low', 'scoop', 'strap/strappy', 'v', 'bandage', cross' - some hits but nothing consistently on target!

jazmine - thanks for posting - it's not quite what I'm looking for, it looks a bit lighter and more summery than the one I want.

Thanks for everyone's help on this - I (and apparently athena ::) ) will make good use of the results!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is going to sound kinda weird...but have you check sites that sell bridesmaids dresses and wedding gowns? A lot of times they'll have super cute dresses with backs like that for BM dresses and even for short bridal gowns (and they usually can be made in other colors). Just a thought! I'd check morilee and a few others, they usually have super cute backs!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1292537694|2798919 said:
I know this is going to sound kinda weird...but have you check sites that sell bridesmaids dresses and wedding gowns? A lot of times they'll have super cute dresses with backs like that for BM dresses and even for short bridal gowns (and they usually can be made in other colors). Just a thought! I'd check morilee and a few others, they usually have super cute backs!

that is an interesting thought - it does look a bit bridesmaid-y actually..

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
When I searched I used the term "cutouts" or "horizontal back cutouts."

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I also found that the term is "cage back", referring to the back...pattern...thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results