shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I replace this diamond with a colored stone?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Bishbunch|1436630162|3901660 said:
I think that is exactly my hesitation. For 20 years I had a 1.56 ct OEC solitaire on a wide band with an eternity wedding band. It sat high and I was very happy with it for many years. I reset it ten years ago into a five stone ring. It is set low and I do not like the quality of the setting the jeweler made. Just have not been happy with it. I am upgrading to a 3.0 ct MRB and have lurking extensively on PS learning about diamonds and looking at settings. I truly love the three stone with side pears but am starting to have second thoughts that I may want a solitaire again. I think you are right - I need to try on a solitaire and really think about it before making a decision. Your ring is absolutely beautiful and I can understand how jewelers would think you are crazy to think of resetting. However, it would be stunning set with a colored stone and be a gorgeous RH ring. Can’t wait to see what you decide!

It sure is a tough decision! One thing I should mention...I upgraded from a 2.3ct stone to a 3.25ct stone and I was surprised how large my new diamond was when I got it. The one thing about having it in a low 3-stone setting is it is less "showy" in my opinion. I know it is blingy but a high setting seems more showy to me. It helped me adjust to the size because I was self conscious of it when I first got it. I will never go to a high setting but probably a medium setting if I go to a solitaire. You are doing a big jump from your OEC to a 3 ct, so I thought I would my mention the size adjustment I went through. Of course, everyone perceives everything differently. This is just how I felt!!!

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
That’s a very good point. I absolutely know I will feel the same way and feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Everyone assures me that DSS sets in and it soon looks fine. Do you agree? I wouldn’t go with a high setting either but more of a medium profile like you. I do want something classic and simple that goes with both jeans and dressy clothes. This is a big decision and I so appreciate your input!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Bishbunch|1436631900|3901671 said:
That’s a very good point. I absolutely know I will feel the same way and feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Everyone assures me that DSS sets in and it soon looks fine. Do you agree? I wouldn’t go with a high setting either but more of a medium profile like you. I do want something classic and simple that goes with both jeans and dressy clothes. This is a big decision and I so appreciate your input!

Ha, yes DSS will set in! But for me, this is max size I will go! At least that is what I say right now! :lol: My recommendation is to keep trying on bunches of rings and go with your heart!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results