shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I have your opinion on this Diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi all you experts out there. I need help. I am interested in this diamond, i think it looks good, but I am certainly no expert. Could a few of you look it over and let me know your honest opion.
To the eye it looks very clear, sparkly and all that good stuff, but as you all know looks are not everything....

Cut: Box Radiant
Size 1.49 Carats
Clarity: Vs1
Color: H1
Measurements: 6.83--6.66 x 4.33
Table 64 %
Depth 65 %
Crown Angle: 33.5 %
Crown Height 11.8
Pavillion Angle: 44.6
Pavilion Depth: 51.5
Girdle .7-- 1.7
Natural, untreated, no flouresence
COST: Approx $17,000

I REALLY Appreciate your help!
26.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert but at first glance, that seems expensive to me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow! I just did a quick search and I find similar stones from about $6-7K.

Go to the PS Home page and put in your parameters. Take a look at what comes back...

If you're really interested in spending 17 large, you can get well over 2 cts with the same parameters.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ok, i thought the price was high as well--other than cost, I am wondering about the quality of the cut and whether the numbers ''add up"

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are probably OK, but no one can tell simply by the numbers. You need a idealscope to see if there is light leakage, particularly in fancy cuts. Also, was this stone graded? If so, by which lab? Hopefully at least AGS or GIA. The color you''ve listed says H1. It''s either an H or it isn''t. And finally, like the other comments, this stone is SO OVERPRICED. You can get much more stone for that much money.

Good luck...........

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
By the numbers, this stone looks like it probably is well-cut, but the price is extremely high. I just did a PS search for you and I could only find one square radiant in your carat range that had good depth and table. I don't know how set you are on a square stone, but there seems to be a larger supply of rectangular radiants.

Here's the stone I found that might be worth a look:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2094/

ETA: I found another stone that might be worth a look. It's listed at multiple vendors, I just picked the cheapest:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=6440170&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys

sorry, i talked to my bf and he actually quoted the finished price on the diamond i mentioned above--which means that the cost covers a custom setting, composed of a platinum band with pave set tiny stones 3/4 around the band.
Not sure how much bands of this sort run...but i still think the diamond sounds expensive, i checked out some of the vendors on this site.

cheers
Jas

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay... it depends on the setting-- amount of platinum used, how many sides the pave will cover on the shank... a picture of a similar setting would be helpful. But I''m still getting 10K to 7K for the setting. Which-- unless it''s a custom setting by Daniel K (in which case it''s a good price for that) or another HIGH priced designer... doesn''t add up. At all.

That GOG diamond Coda posted is a beauty. And at a little under 9K... well, that''s A LOT of $$ on a freaking setting.

33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results