clarity

Can I get your thoughts on this setting? First time E-ring

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Can I get your thoughts on this setting? First time E-ri

Gypsy|1461982035|4025371 said:
I found a gorgeous marquise:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Marquise/GIA-Certified-0-8-Carat-H-Color-VVS2-Clarity-Diamond-BYZ6G4

And I am sure they can adapt this one for a marquise: http://www.maevona.com/engagement-rings-c-4/vaila-rd-prd-mva14-vai-rd/ And it looks straight out of LOTR. I would give them a call or send them an email and inquire about that.

It would be gorgeous with a marquise in it. They really look great with that split shank look coming up to the center.

And it works out at budget.

I'm not sure so much pave is very LOTR
I think the one arkieb1 suggested seems pretty close

Maybe they could do this head

mva96-pbl_11_1.jpg

eriskay_mq_pave_top_set.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to potentially add confusion here, but I just came across this one FB (I've been following this designer because of his unique styles)

http://takayascustomjewelry.com/blog/2016/04/29/lord-of-the-rings-inspired-elven-wedding-ring-set/?platform=hootsuite

He just made this set inspired by LOTR, so I thought you may want to contact him as well. I don't know about his pricing, but worth looking at anyway. I think you are very sweet for taking your lady's requests and trying to bring them to life--and I know she'll love whatever you decide!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

So I like this one on that site. It would look great with a marquise set in a bezel in the center there.

lord-of-the-rings-elf-dwarf-wedding-rings-takayas-custom-jewelry.jpg

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock

I'm so excited to see what direction you go in Frodo. There are so many lovely possibilities!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock

Frodo, I hope you're not overwhelmed. There are so many great options to choose from.

Posting one that has a marquise with scrolls for design purpose.

Is this a surprise or can she get involved with the process? I only say that because apparently there are many directions that work.

scroll_design_for_lotr_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs.T|1462022438|4025474 said:
Frodo, I hope you're not overwhelmed. There are so many great options to choose from.

Posting one that has a marquise with scrolls for design purpose.

Is this a surprise or can she get involved with the process? I only say that because apparently there are many directions that work.

I wonder if including her is the best idea in this instance. She's given him pretty clear directive. Marquise shaped LOTR theme. If he can knock it out of the park without her help, I would think that would be pretty special.
Usually I'm all about including someone in the process, but I get the vibe here she'd like a surprise

Frodo

Rough_Rock

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for the fantastic responses, this community is amazing.

I've reached out to Greenlakejewlery as a place to start with an original design. The marquise stones posted are stunning and well within my budget :). My mother's visiting this weekend so I will be off the forum for a bit, but will be back in a few days with updates.

Thanks again!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frodo|1462025192|4025485 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for the fantastic responses, this community is amazing.

I've reached out to Greenlakejewlery as a place to start with an original design. The marquise stones posted are stunning and well within my budget :). My mother's visiting this weekend so I will be off the forum for a bit, but will be back in a few days with updates.

Thanks again!

Awesome. What I love about greenlake is you can show them 3 photos and they come up with something you never thought of but exactly what you want.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I have nothing to add that hasn't been already said/ linked too- but I wanted to comment because this thread really exemplifies the spirit of PS. There have been a few others recently that veered off the rails, but seeing so many people come out of the woodwork along with the resident prosumers to help bring something really special to life, it's just wonderful to see.

Good luck Frodo!! You are in good hands!! Talk about making one ring to rule them all, your upcoming piece will be amazing whatever direction you move in.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Being a HUGE lotr fan, I am so psyched to see this ring come to fruition.

And the high colored marquise will be so perfect and stunning in this ring!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

JDDN|1462036328|4025530 said:

I totally agree. A high colored marquise with strong blue...holy crapola.

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock

I'm so excited for you! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1462039320|4025534 said:

Ha-ha I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks florescence is a cool idea

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel mentioned this thread to me - sorry I didn't notice it sooner as I'm an uber-LOTR nerd. (As in, I've read the Silmarillion .. :lol: )

I went to New Zealand last year and at the gift store in Hobbiton they had some display of jewelry by the jeweler who made the One Ring for the movie. He also does LOTR-inspired wedding sets, the prices are a little high but maybe the designs on the site could provide some inspiration. :)

http://www.jenshansen.com/

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niel said:
ame|1462039320|4025534 said:

Ha-ha I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks florescence is a cool idea
oh no way... It would be ethereal as can be--perfectly fitting for the mightiest and fairest and most magical of all the elves.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Found a few items from a designer that looked right up your alley.

I figured you could throw some of her work into that design session you have with Greenlake

greentourm_pend2.jpg

jwbroochf1.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1462296007|4026600 said:
Found a few items from a designer that looked right up your alley.

I figured you could throw some of her work into that design session you have with Greenlake

Any long-time PS'er would recognize that designer's work! I own or have bought three of the pieces featured in her galleries, and I suspect I'm not alone! :lol: And yes, many of her pieces could provide inspiration for your project:

http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/galleryhome.html

molldoll64

Rough_Rock

omg i LOVE that ring that you chose it looks gorgeous and i could picture a LOTR character wearing it! im a huge fan i think thats such an awesome idea and that ring fits the criteria perfectly in my mind :) im so excited to see what you end up choosing!

molldoll64

Rough_Rock

I'm talking about the very first ring that you posted i didnt realize more rings were posted lol...oops

3Bean

Rough_Rock

Wow. That ring from Takayas is very nice. I actually am considering something similar to the male wedding band.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

saw another ring that reminded me of you/ LOTR

screen_shot_2016-05-08_at_7.png

Frodo

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been working with GLJ and have a beautiful setting designed.

I'd like advice on the marquise stone. My range is 3k, and if seems you must go through GLJ for your stone.

My jewler has narrowed it down to two stones.

Truthfully, do these stones seem like their great stones and a good value?

I'm leaning towards the .70ct stone. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks again everyone. screenshot_2016-06-14-15-09-16.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frodo|1465938671|4044006 said:
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been working with GLJ and have a beautiful setting designed.

I'd like advice on the marquise stone. My range is 3k, and if seems you must go through GLJ for your stone.

My jewler has narrowed it down to two stones.

Truthfully, do these stones seem like their great stones and a good value?

I'm leaning towards the .70ct stone. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks again everyone. screenshot_2016-06-14-15-09-16.png

Hey again, Frodo! :wavey:

What are your reasons for choosing the 0.70 ct stone? From that picture, I much prefer the 0.78 ct stone, for shape and faceting. Do you have any more photos?

Frodo

Rough_Rock

It leaves room in the budget to potentially add some smaller diamonds into the setting.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frodo|1465939205|4044015 said:
It leaves room in the budget to potentially add some smaller diamonds into the setting.

I see... Still, I'd go for the nicer stone, if it were me. There's not that much difference in the price, but the photo shows a good bit of difference in the "look" of the MQ. :halo:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually like the smaller one, cheaper, and longer, which I think is more in keeping with the style. Plus the smaller one seems to look bigger. Does it have fluorescence ? The nerd in me is hoping so

I still don't think the setting needs any diamonds in it, but I'd LOVE to see what they come up with. Ive been hoping you'd come back

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1465941347|4044035 said:
I actually like the smaller one, cheaper, and longer, which I think is more in keeping with the style. Plus the smaller one seems to look bigger. Does it have fluorescence ? The nerd in me is hoping so

I still don't think the setting needs any diamonds in it, but I'd LOVE to see what they come up with. Ive been hoping you'd come back

You don't think the 0.70 ct has some dark patches?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1465941347|4044035 said:

I agree--my eyes went straight to the .70, and then after looking at the proportions I was happy to see it's longer so may look as large as the larger one IRL. I'm happy you are back and can't wait to see pics of the finished product. Your GF is going to be SO THRILLED!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results