shape
carat
color
clarity

Can i get your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

varshini

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this is worth it. I'm from Ontario. I found two rings here are the details:

1. GIA Certified-will be making it
THree ring design-middle stone=.54crt and two side stones=.33crt each
Colour-g-h
Clarity-SI1
Cut-excellent- ideal
Three ring design with diamonds along the band
They are asking around $2900..this is an estimate because we still have to pick the diamonds...but generally this is what i want.

2. Gem Scan- Canadiam Diamond
Band with diamond half way around it, solitaire
Crt=.62
Clarity=SI1
Colour=G
Cut=ideal
Price=$3499

Please let me know,
V

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Gem Scan is a well respected Canadian Grading Lab. You can search old threads to find info about them. And, of course, GIA is well known as well.

In order to get opinions about each ring, you''d have to supply more info about the diamonds and the settings.

Crown and pavillion angles, table size, etc on the larger diamonds. The melee,....... The small diamonds in the one ring,........ Color, clarity, size, and grade of the melee. What type of metal are the rings?? 14K, 18K, Plat?? Are the diamonds prong set?? Is the melee bead set?? Different setting styles require different levels of workmanship.

A lot goes into guestimating if you are being offered good prices on either ring.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Varshini and Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

It''s hard to make a judgment on this because diamond prices really depend on DETAILS! But, I ran a quick price search for your rough parameters and here are the cheapest:

0.54 carat G-H SI-1 around $1100 in USD
0.33 carat G-H SI-1 around $450 each in USD

So the least expensive certified diamonds were $2K total. This does not account for proportions, angles, polish, symmetry, inclusion location, etc. You really need to pinpoint these things to compare prices.

You didn''t mention anything about the type of metal. The price of platinum is much different than say, 14K gold, so this is another consideration.

If the two sidestones are not certified, you can probably get them for less.

What should be important to you is:

1. Do you love the ring?
2. Do you trust the vendor and feel comfortable with him/her?
3. If there''s a little extra premium for going through a B&M, are you ok with that?

If so, great, but if not, let us know what you are looking for and we''d be happy to help you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results