shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get your opinion on a few diamonds, please?

Sue-z-q

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I’ve been a lurker here for a little while. Today I decided to join and thought I’d start off asking for opinions.
I’m looking to buy a diamond and I’m looking at the three pictured. Please share your opinion.
TIA
IMG_1653.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 36

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have access to videos? Hard to say just from the angles. #2’s numbers are the most balanced. But there’s so much that needs to be seen - twist, tinge, paddling, leakage, etc.

Good luck!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I do not get your combo of color and clarity. IF paired with a stone that is not colorless makes no sense to me. You will not see the different between an IF and a VS stone, as example, but you can see the diff when it comes to color, especially in that size.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics/videos. Is there a reason for such high clarity? It won't be visibly different from a VS1/VS2 and will cost more for something you cant see

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Cant find info on #1

#2 GIA: 2171966956
btw. you can find on WF for 44,569.00 USD if you use wire transfer.

#3: GIA 2474775377

B2CJewels sells it a bit cheaper than BN

Bank wire 34,151USD but if you put it in your shopping basket and use the discount code you get to a 33,253.11 USD actually.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Texas Leaguer, how is that one diamond has 3 videos, including a Whiteflash-style video and a Blue Nile-style video? I’m referring to GIA 2171966956 above. It’s #2 on OP’s list.

I would assume that both Blue Nile and Whiteflash would need to have the diamond in house in order to get their specific style videos. But since it’s listed on both sides, I assume neither company actually has it in hand.

I asked because now I’m beginning to doubt all videos, it would be terrible if companies were just uploading random videos instead videos of the actual diamond.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are up in the Super Ideal precision cut diamond range. These are H&As with Aset images, Idealscope images, and videos that
show how well the stones perform. You would need to drop your clarity a tad but most would take a better cut over higher clarity.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Texas Leaguer, how is that one diamond has 3 videos, including a Whiteflash-style video and a Blue Nile-style video? I’m referring to GIA 2171966956 above. It’s #2 on OP’s list.

I would assume that both Blue Nile and Whiteflash would need to have the diamond in house in order to get their specific style videos. But since it’s listed on both sides, I assume neither company actually has it in hand.

I asked because now I’m beginning to doubt all videos, it would be terrible if companies were just uploading random videos instead videos of the actual diamond.

If anything is virtual inventory, the vendor doesn't ysve it in house and they all use the video from the seller who has it (usually in another country). This is how all drop shippers (JA, BN, etc) do business. And wf has stones in house but also virtual inventory

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
If anything is virtual inventory, the vendor doesn't ysve it in house and they all use the video from the seller who has it (usually in another country). This is how all drop shippers (JA, BN, etc) do business. And wf has stones in house but also virtual inventory
I get that. So how does Blue Nile have a different video than WF which is even different from the loupe360 video? Seems weird that the same diamond would keep getting separate new videos.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get that. So how does Blue Nile have a different video than WF which is even different from the loupe360 video? Seems weird that the same diamond would keep getting separate new videos.

I think the bn and wf videos are the same.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
From my own shopping the loupe360 and WF videos for 2171966956 are common video setups for virtual inventory. I have seen both video setups for the same stone on many occasions. WF uses their own video setup for their in house stones. BN/JA uses their own video setup for all stones they list, even though most of them are virtual inventory. I assume BN/JA does enough volume that suppliers are happy to send them their stones for imaging at one point or another.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The loupe360 is straight up and down. The WF is yet another standard video but on its side. The BN/JA vid is also on its side, but seem to be “their” video. Makes sense that BN/JA bring in all stones and do their own video. But why doesn’t the WF video match the loupe360 video?

Are these all the same diamond? Did WF upload an incorrect video?

We’ve all seen Ritani make mistakes with their videos - showing an EC video when the stone listed is an MRB.

I tried to face the stone the same on all three videos. The WF video has glare on the top left facet. Couldn’t see it on the BN/JA vid, and of course it’s not there on the straight up-down loupe360 vid.

IMG_8230.jpeg IMG_8229.jpeg IMG_8228.jpeg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, IDEX has one of the videos …
Come to PS, learn something new everyday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results