shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get someones opinion on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Can I get some opinions in regards to this diamond
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1836/

is it worth the price..
the inclusion is dead center...
do you think it''ll be noticeable?

do you think the stats on this diamond are well proportioned

any tidbit would be great!

Thanks!!!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
The price seems reasonable but you may want to ask them if it''s eye clean. But I''m willing to bet it''s pretty safe because it''s SI1

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
It states that:

Inclusion is slightly visible at about 6 inches.
Stone is eye clean beyond 8 inches.
Cut is beautiful and stone faces up nice and white.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think the price seems really high considering you can get a decent 1ct for like 5500-6000. Maybe I''m being unrealistic though.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
i think your right.. i''m finding 1.5ct to be around 8000-9000
thanks everyone!

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 4:47:52 PM
Author: MommaBear
It states that:

If the inclusion is eye visible at any distance, there is no way I''d personally rate it an SI1. I''d pass on all but an eye-clean SI if it were my money.
35.gif

avlis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 4:48:51 PM
Author: luckystar112
I think the price seems really high considering you can get a decent 1ct for like 5500-6000. Maybe I'm being unrealistic though.
comparing a 1ct and a 1.5ct isnt really the same. i could say a 1ct for $5500 seems really expensive because i can get a 0.5 ct for $1800 (.5 ct less) or a 0.66ct for $3300 (66% of larger stone).

back on topic...
i like this stone if getting a 1.5ct is important. it is a pretty good price for the size considering the inclusion. and the medium flouro may help it appear a little whiter. the angles are all just a little off what i personally like, but no single one is a deal breaker.

there are a few diamonds out there that are in that price range and over 1.5ct, but they all will have some issue with them, you have to decide what you are most comfortable with.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 5:14:38 PM
Author: C Smith

It states that:

If the inclusion is eye visible at any distance, there is no way I''d personally rate it an SI1. I''d pass on all but an eye-clean SI if it were my money.
35.gif
Hi MommaBear,

Actually, I just got a .92 G SI1 RB ideal cut diamond for my engagement ring. The vendor I''ve been working with said that he couldn''t see the inclusion in my diamond, although I was told there is one. It wasn''t rated eye-clean from 6" away by someone else in their office, but others have not been able to find it. I was so nervous when I got it but I can''t find it either. It''s a beautiful stone! So maybe it depends on the inclusion and its location?

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 5:38:15 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 4/1/2007 5:14:38 PM
Author: C Smith

It states that:

35.gif
Hi MommaBear,

Actually, I just got a .92 G SI1 RB ideal cut diamond for my engagement ring. The vendor I''ve been working with said that he couldn''t see the inclusion in my diamond, although I was told there is one. It wasn''t rated eye-clean from 6'' away by someone else in their office, but others have not been able to find it. I was so nervous when I got it but I can''t find it either. It''s a beautiful stone! So maybe it depends on the inclusion and its location?
That is certainly part of it but there are other factors. Lighting is one and the trained eye of the grader is another. As a fast rule, if I as a trained grader can see the inclusion with my naked eye in varying light conditions without knowing where to look for it, it is no better than I1. If I can find it with greatest difficulty only after I know where to look in ideal light, I may rate it an SI2 if all else is exceptional. If the inclusion is visible to my eye as a trained grader in any circumstance, it will not be rated SI1 by me under any circumstance.

I''m glad you got an SI1 that is seemingly eyeclean as it should be.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That price is right in line with an almost identical stone from another vendor.

And the angles are almost identical to mine, it should be a very bright, firey, beautiful diamond. I would have it sent to you and see for yourself.
28.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my search on the price search tool above, ideal cut I SI 1 diamonds in the 1.5 range ran from $10,000 and 11,000. So in no way is that diamond over-priced. It is a very reasonable price for a stone over 1.5 carats. As someone else mentioned, the price per carat goes up as the weights go up. So a 1.5 carat diamond does NOT cost 1.5 times as much as a 1 carat diamond.

The eyeclean issue is so personal. I don''t see how anyone can buy a SI1 or SI2 without seeing it in person.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 5:03:04 PM
i think your right.. i''m finding 1.5ct to be around 8000-9000
thanks everyone!
To me, the stone looks gorgeous and should be killer in person. I doubt the inclusion would bother me personally...but you know better if you are clarity sensitive. Along with the price you are getting a lot of information about the stone, a fantastic upgrade policy, and very good service. In addition, it is much less than you would pay at a B&M. However, you might be able to find one slightly less.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
thanks for everyone''s opinion!
i appreciate your time.
i jus can''t decide!!!!!!!!!!!!
face4.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 6:09:13 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
On my search on the price search tool above, ideal cut I SI 1 diamonds in the 1.5 range ran from $10,000 and 11,000. So in no way is that diamond over-priced. It is a very reasonable price for a stone over 1.5 carats. As someone else mentioned, the price per carat goes up as the weights go up. So a 1.5 carat diamond does NOT cost 1.5 times as much as a 1 carat diamond.

The eyeclean issue is so personal. I don't see how anyone can buy a SI1 or SI2 without seeing it in person.

Simple. They trust their vendor's eyes, and they get a generous return policy.
1.gif

It's really not rocket science. I've bought FOUR eye-clean SI2 stones this way. One came from Idaho, the rest from TX. I live in MA. During those purchases, the vendor told me two SI2s weren't eyeclean - was VERY upfront and candid.

If any of them hadn't satisfied me, I could have returned them.

I don't see why people make such a big deal over it, other than sticking to one's mindset.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for everyones input and suggestions. It is greatly appreciate!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does the inclusion being visible at 6 inches bother you? If you''re not sure, this is a good time to find out.
2.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
so many things to think about... ahh... i haven''t been around a diamond (this close anyway) in a couple of years. i dont'' even know what i would be bothered by..
obviously so not ready to buy a stone this week...
face6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results