shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some thoughts on this Rock? 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joe smoe

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

There''s so much information here that it''s confusing me. I just purchase this diamond, and I just want some input on how much I paid for it.

I paid a total of $5,984 for 1.04 H VS2 with a 18k white wold solitaire.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1195071

Item Number: 1195071
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.04
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 62.0%
Table: 54.2%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.51*6.55*4.05

Crown Angle: 34.6°
Crown %: 15.80
pavilion Angle: 41.0°
pavilion %: 43.30

This was my first purchase and I still have a 30 day return period. I would extremely appreciate any inputs on my purchase!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 11:20:34 AM
Author:joe smoe
Hi Everyone!

There''s so much information here that it''s confusing me. I just purchase this diamond, and I just want some input on how much I paid for it.

I paid a total of $5,984 for 1.04 H VS2 with a 18k white wold solitaire.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1195071

Item Number: 1195071
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.04
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 62.0%
Table: 54.2%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.51*6.55*4.05

Crown Angle: 34.6°
Crown %: 15.80
pavilion Angle: 41.0°
pavilion %: 43.30

This was my first purchase and I still have a 30 day return period. I would extremely appreciate any inputs on my purchase!
Hi Joe and welcome,

James Allen are competitively priced and the diamond looks great from the info we have so you did fine most probably.

joe smoe

Rough_Rock
There was one more concern for me. Jamesallen.com claims this ring is an H&A but when I put the angles in HCA, the stats only show you as very good. Jim from Jamesallen said the in the HCA, pavilion and of 41=< , the Factor Grade will drop, but in actuality, there bearly any light loss. Which he said can be seen in the ideal scope image. I really dont know what to think of this.

What is everyone else opinon on this?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is AGS0 and the idealscope looks fine! So please stop worrying! You did great!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 11:55:27 AM
Author: joe smoe
There was one more concern for me. Jamesallen.com claims this ring is an H&A but when I put the angles in HCA, the stats only show you as very good. Jim from Jamesallen said the in the HCA, pavilion and of 41=< , the Factor Grade will drop, but in actuality, there bearly any light loss. Which he said can be seen in the ideal scope image. I really dont know what to think of this.

What is everyone else opinon on this?
The HCA cannot predict h&a patterning and it isn''t used to select diamonds but to eliminate them. It cannot physically see the diamond to give any concrete indication on cut precision or performance. Also the HCA can penalize a steeper pavilion angle such as 41, as DiamondSeeker says you have no need to worry - that is an excellent diamond you have there.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
The HCA score is 2.0, which is fine. No worries there.

And the Idealscope image is excellent.

The diamond looks great.

joe smoe

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the input! I just wanted to make sure that I make a good purchase! I love this forum and appreciate all the info here!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 4:49:03 AM
Author: joe smoe
Thanks so much for the input! I just wanted to make sure that I make a good purchase! I love this forum and appreciate all the info here!
We are very glad to help you Joe and thanks for the very kind words - much appreciated
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results