shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some extra eyes on my finished ring?

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I got the images for my ring. I asked for petite prongs, l referenced Tonks prongs for what I was looking for. I can’t tell if they seem big and not petite.

Is anyone seeing something different?

Thanks!

Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85423_88413_top.jpeg

Attachments

• Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85423_88413_ttr.jpeg
    Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85423_88413_ttr.jpeg
    685.4 KB · Views: 26
Generally speaking, these very enlarged photos tend to show the prongs looking enlarged too. I personally think it will be fine,
Think about your diamond size relative to the picture, and realize how much everything will be scaled down to real life size.

Please come back with hand shots - can’t wait to see your new ring!!

Hi!

I got the images for my ring. I asked for petite prongs, l referenced Tonks prongs for what I was looking for. I can’t tell if they seem big and not petite.

Is anyone seeing something different?

Thanks!

Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85423_88413_top.jpeg

I looked up photos of @Tonks ' ring, and I looked up the tab examples on Whiteflash's website, and I can't really tell! This photo is so zoomed in. I suggest you ask them to take a hand shot with the ring at least 12 inches away and then see how they look. I think they will look MUCH smaller. If they still look too big, you can discuss it with them.

Generally speaking, these very enlarged photos tend to show the prongs looking enlarged too. I personally think it will be fine,
Think about your diamond size relative to the picture, and realize how much everything will be scaled down to real life size.

Please come back with hand shots - can’t wait to see your new ring!!

I’m probably overthinking it, but I think you’re right. It’s always hard to see irl when it’s enlarged.

I looked up photos of @Tonks ' ring, and I looked up the tab examples on Whiteflash's website, and I can't really tell! This photo is so zoomed in. I suggest you ask them to take a hand shot with the ring at least 12 inches away and then see how they look. I think they will look MUCH smaller. If they still look too big, you can discuss it with them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think the photos make prongs look giant, but IRL they'll look great

Can I ask what size the diamond is?

Personally, altho I think the width of the prongs is fine, I feel as tho they protrude outwards from the diamond more than I'd like or is aesthetically ideal. If it were my ring, I'd ask for them to be shaved down a trifle so they hugged the diamond more closely.

And just to add - I've had this experience with WF and had to ask for this exact thing. I can't easily lay my hands on those photos, but I had the same issue with a ring I had made by DKJ; the prongs protruded too far, so I had them shaved down to sit more snugly. These aren't tab prongs - these are soft claws - but the principle is the same.

Original is on the right. Shaved down is on the left. Width is the same, but the shaved down prongs just stick out less from the diamond. I much prefer it and find it to be a softer, more elegant/organic look - but all taste is subjective.

Good luck!

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 3.24.00 PM.png

Can I ask what size the diamond is?

Personally, altho I think the width of the prongs is fine, I feel as tho they protrude outwards from the diamond more than I'd like or is aesthetically ideal. If it were my ring, I'd ask for them to be shaved down a trifle so they hugged the diamond more closely.

And just to add - I've had this experience with WF and had to ask for this exact thing. I can't easily lay my hands on those photos, but I had the same issue with a ring I had made by DKJ; the prongs protruded too far, so I had them shaved down to sit more snugly. These aren't tab prongs - these are soft claws - but the principle is the same.

Original is on the right. Shaved down is on the left. Width is the same, but the shaved down prongs just stick out less from the diamond. I much prefer it and find it to be a softer, more elegant/organic look - but all taste is subjective.

Good luck!

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 3.24.00 PM.png

Diamond is 2.55ct. I’m having them make the prongs a tad bit smaller.

Diamond is 2.55ct. I’m having them make the prongs a tad bit smaller.

I think that's a wise idea. You might want to specifically ask them to shave them down so they protrude outwards less. Otherwise, the likelihood is that they will be made skinnier, but not necessarily more snug (which, of course, might be your preference!). Feel free to use my photos if you think it would be of any use; sometimes even jewelers can't picture what, in our heads, seems so obvious.

I think that's a wise idea. You might want to specifically ask them to shave them down so they protrude outwards less. Otherwise, the likelihood is that they will be made skinnier, but not necessarily more snug (which, of course, might be your preference!). Feel free to use my photos if you think it would be of any use; sometimes even jewelers can't picture what, in our heads, seems so obvious.

Thank you for your advice. Do you think I should have the prongs hug the diamond as well?

Thank you for your advice. Do you think I should have the prongs hug the diamond as well?

Absolutely. Do you see the difference in the 2 photos of the same ring I posted? The original - the one on the right before the prongs were shaved - looked sharp and pointy and gave a sort of "kindergarten sun drawing" effect. The extra metal just wasn't necessary and it added nothing aesthetically. The reverse, in fact. If (and only you can decide this) you prefer a slimmer profile, then I'd ask for them to be shaved down. If not - then leave as is. But for my money, I always prefer a less protuberant effect. It's subtle - but it gives a softer look and is, in my opinion, more classic and less likely to date. But again - this is your ring, and only you know your taste. Above all else - have what you want!

Absolutely. Do you see the difference in the 2 photos of the same ring I posted? The original - the one on the right before the prongs were shaved - looked sharp and pointy and gave a sort of "kindergarten sun drawing" effect. The extra metal just wasn't necessary and it added nothing aesthetically. The reverse, in fact. If (and only you can decide this) you prefer a slimmer profile, then I'd ask for them to be shaved down. If not - then leave as is. But for my money, I always prefer a less protuberant effect. It's subtle - but it gives a softer look and is, in my opinion, more classic and less likely to date. But again - this is your ring, and only you know your taste. Above all else - have what you want!

I do see it. I think that’s what making me think mine are bulky. I asked them to shave them down and used your photo as an example. Thanks for your help.

I think you made the right call @Sue16. I went back and looked at Tonk's prongs are yours look longer. Shaving them off just a bit will make a difference imo. Gorgeous ring!

I do see it. I think that’s what making me think mine are bulky. I asked them to shave them down and used your photo as an example. Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome. Hoping it all goes well!

A subtle but noticeable difference!

Did you share the specs?

Yes! They look perfect for this mount! Love it!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP