shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get people's opinions on this diamond?

cl600500

Rough_Rock
Youve got to be out of your freaking mind to spend 10k on a diamond that small.....wow youve got a lot to learn about diamonds my friend please go to some jewlery stores and get prices.........a 1.2 ct SI Colorless should cost you around 5K, and 6k if your getting ripped off. this is the biggest rip off of a diamond i have ever seen

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
cl600500|1310961486|2971141 said:
Youve got to be out of your freaking mind to spend 10k on a diamond that small.....wow youve got a lot to learn about diamonds my friend please go to some jewlery stores and get prices.........a 1.2 ct SI Colorless should cost you around 5K, and 6k if your getting ripped off. this is the biggest rip off of a diamond i have ever seen

Yap, and you got ripped off real bad. You are looking at the price of EGL or the so called 'in-house' graded stones. Usually those grades are significantly inflated to make you think you are getting a deal when if send to GIA/AGS, the color and clarity grade could be lower by 2 grades or more. If they are the same grade why in the world would the jeweler not send the stones to GIA for a grading fee of about 200 USD to increase his selling price by 50%? He must be Santa Claus.

Look at this thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/topic162154.html

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would keep looking.... I will look for some suggestions...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
carrwash - what are your preferred specs, budget, etc?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Isn't Eternity Diamonds one of the vendors on pricescope's search and therefore "trusted"?!?!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
IbrahimSS|1311008835|2971490 said:
Isn't Eternity Diamonds one of the vendors on pricescope's search and therefore "trusted"?!?!

Eternity diamonds is a vendor who pays to adversize on PS. That is not an endorsement of the company on the part of PS nor does it give the vendor any particular stamp of approval from the PS community. Certain vendors, some who pay to advertise and some who do not, have proven their customer service and quality and value, and those vendors get recommended time and again by the consumers on PS.

Eternity diamonds may or may not be a great company. I have not read very many posts about them on PS yet. but the few I have read seem to be positive so far!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
cl600500|1310961486|2971141 said:

The price is fair, maybe on the low side, for a GIA graded stone of those specs. You muct be referencing EGL graded stones, or stones will very poor cut, to have the prices you suggest.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1311009210|2971496 said:
IbrahimSS|1311008835|2971490 said:

Eternity diamonds is a vendor who pays to adversize on PS. That is not an endorsement of the company on the part of PS nor does it give the vendor any particular stamp of approval from the PS community. Certain vendors, some who pay to advertise and some who do not, have proven their customer service and quality and value, and those vendors get recommended time and again by the consumers on PS.

Eternity diamonds may or may not be a great company. I have not read very many posts about them on PS yet. but the few I have read seem to be positive so far!

I didn't know this! I wish this was actually indicated somehow on the search page. I luckily bought my diamond from GOG who get great reviews from the folks here but I was under the impression that all those vendors where in some way approved. It would be nice to have a vendor star rating or something near each result.

carrwash13

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a round 1.2 ct (generally), Ideal / Excellence Cut, F color (generally), SI1/SI2 or better and in the $9-$10K range. I don't know much about specs beyond that! All suggestions are appreciated!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

carrwash13

Rough_Rock
Thanks! everyone is so helpful here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results