shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get an opinion on this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi,

i''ve been contacted with this diamond from Union Diamond. first does anyone know about them? are they trustworthy? i really like this forum and trust all of your opinions, like i know for sure i trust niceice.com and goodoldgold.com.

anyway, here ''tis:

AGS-000
1.007 cts.
round brilliant
I color
Fluor: inert
VVS2
table: 57%
total depth: 59.8%
crown angle: 33.8
pavilion angle: 40.8

scored a 0.8 on the HCA

their asking price is $4985 which already includes shipping and insurance.

howz their price?

is there any other info i need to help in your answers? i''ve asked for a sarin report from them so i can see the crown/pavilion variances.

thanks in advance!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The price is nice... The only thing that "flares" in our minds is the crown angle being 33.8 degrees because it's "almost" a one cut, but we have a few very carefully screened puppies in our Private Reserve with the same crown angle... The decision to proceed should weigh heavily on the full Sarin / OGI "top down" reports which will provide you with the high and low measurements that the average crown angle of 33.8 degrees is based upon... Glad to see that you've already though of this, we're just reinforcing it for other viewers who may not be familiar with the concept... We bought a 1.19 carat, I, VVS-2 this afternoon as part of a parcel and we have to say that we "hemmed and hawed" over it for quite some time because it seems like an akward clarity / color combination to us... We usually prefer to combine a middleline clarity such as a VS-2 with an I color stone, but we always seem to sell the higher clarities no matter what the color so we decided to give it a go... still seems a bit strange though
2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
anyone have an opinion on UnionDiamond.com? just want to make sure they are a reputable company. i know you guys would know who's on the "A" list...and who's not!
9.gif

thanks again!

Egon

Rough_Rock
Union Diamond is not really active on Pricescope, so there don't seem to be too many
people active on the forum who buy from them. Since I live in the Atlanta area however, I did. PM me if you want about my experience with them. All positive though.

As for checking up on a vendor, try this thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/online-credibility.6286/

Nice Ice points towards a good source of info.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i'm sorry i'm new...how do i "PM" you? thanks

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I like those proportions !
Is the stone pol/sym EX/EX ???
If it is, I would buy the stone, I think it is very fiery.

Regards !
appl.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
thanks stephan. well after checking out the sarin like niceice suggested, i did indeed find a slight variance...nothing major but very close out of AGS 0. did get a nice score on the HCA though...right at the top end of my budget...what to do, what to do...

69gm

Shiny_Rock
oh and stephen, fyi it has ideal polish/symmetry. sorry, forgot to answer that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results