shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get a little dust for finding my lost jewelry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a lovely little jewelry roll a while back. Leather both inside and out.

Put ALL my diamonds in it. ALL OF THEM.

Promptly lost it. At least I hope it is lost in the house.

Been missing for a week now.

My engagement ring, Aurora Band, BGD pendant, Odds and Ends Necklace, Turquoise and diamond pendant, diamond earrings, ALL OF IT. All I've got is my wedding band and my husband's wedding band.

Just a little freaked out. :errrr: It's not anywhere I've looked so far. And I've been looking for DAYS.

(yes all of the pieces are insured, although not the Odds and Ends yet, but that's not the point). Argh.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh nooo!

I am sending you major dust from Oz. Came out of lurkdom to do it, as I am supposed to be sorting out the new house!

I can feel your pain from here. I hope and pray it just pops up and you and your beauties are reunited!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

finding lost things dust to you, Gypsy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.

::DUST DUST DUST::

Suitcases? The freezer? Cats rolled it under the bed?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's in your hairbrush drawer in the bathroom? on top of the fridge or armoire?

Look places that are just slightly higher or lower than eye-level.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you susimoo, good luck for the move! I really appreciate you coming out of lurkdom to post!

VR-- I KNOW, right? Thank you my friend. I appreciate the dust.

Hi Yssie, yeah, I'm trying not to freak, but I'm not that good at it. Thank you!

Hopedream, Many thanks. Taking your advice now. Searching rooms I would not think it would be in just in case and in strange places as well.

Been searching again... nothing yet. Will update again soon. ((HUGS)) and many thanks.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I lost my ring last month. It had been a few days since I last wore it. I went to put it on and it was no where to be found! Luckily I found it after hours of searching. I was a few minutes away from digging through the trash at that point. I normally take my ring off and place it on my nightstand (before bed) or on my end table (during the day). My ring was in neither of the places :-o.

I have a bad habit of putting things in "safe" places that seem like a good idea at the time only to regret it later. I found it on the top shelf of my guest bathroom medicine cabinet... just out of eye sight. I found it by feeling around on the shelf. I recalled later that I was cleaning in there, took my ring off, and didn't want to knock it in the sink so I put it away for safe keeping. I got distracted and forgot to put it back on. So -- is it possible that you put it somewhere that is out of your general line of sight?

Maybe you need a fresh set of eyes. Could you bring over a trusted friend and see if they have better luck?

I'm sorry for your ordeal. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Edit: others had the same idea first ;-). I echo their sentiments.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Dust, Gypsy! This must be so stressful! I hope you find your jewelry soon!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no! That's terrible, Gypsy! I hope you find it soon.

I don't mean to make you panic, but have you had workmen in the house recently? Or possibly delivery men? Might it have gone missing somehow?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Having a sneaky tea break and came back to check on you.

Right, list of crazy places if have found stuff I've lost......

Bathroom cupboards
cleaning product cupboards
Handbags - have you changed your bag recently? Could it be in one of your regular bags if you change them regularly?
In my underwear drawer, put my ring in there for safe keeping (why - who can say :bigsmile: )
In the car glove compartment - for safe keeping, obviously (not!)
The boot of the car - see stupid reason listed above
With my shoes, cos a girl who loves diamonds normally love shoes too
In a filing cabinet or where you keep paperwork

Anyway, I'll keep sending you positive vibes. Also, did you ask your husband? Stupid question probably, because if he is anything like mine he would never tidy. However, he does occasionally and somewhat randomly decide to help me out (LOL :errrr: ) and put my things in random places.

Good luck!!! Hugs to you!!!! :wavey:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust!!!!!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I hope you find it.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh man! That is quite the loot to lose at once. :-o

Hopefully iLander can come in and shed some light on where they are.

Sending you lots of dust too...***dust***

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh s*it! Sending bucket loads full of dust to you!!!!!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes-tons of dust your way! If you have any Catholic in you, you should try praying to Saint Anthony. He's the Patron Saint of Lost Things.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1308748015|2951873 said:
Yikes-tons of dust your way! If you have any Catholic in you, you should try praying to Saint Anthony. He's the Patron Saint of Lost Things.

I was just going to suggest the same!

Tons of ***~~~***~~~***DUST***~~~***~~~*** to you, Gypsy!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust to you, Gypsy!

You've been under a lot of stress lately, and that can play havoc with concentration/memory, so I'm hoping it's just misplaced in your house.

Leather is soft, so perhaps it slid behind a bedroom dresser or is inside one of your drawers. Maybe it's hidden between the folds of your clothes in your dresser drawer or closet..or anyplace else it could fall down and get lodged in between other things. Is the leather case a dark color or a light color?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust Gypsy!!!!

P.S. ..... Check all the bathrooms.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hugs and prayers going your way! Hopefully you find it ASAP!!! If you have small children you can also enlist their help as well, offer an incentive. They can often get into tiny spaces and are shorter so their eye level is lower.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got a refill on my lost jewelry dust bucket (after HH)...its all yours! They've got to be there somewhere!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOO!

Buckets of dust! They must turn up!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Want me to come down and help you look? Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes will be helpful.

My suggestions for places to look are:
in your car (in case it fell out of your handbag)- in the crevice between the passenger side door and the passenger seat and underneath the seats.
The crevice between your headboard and mattress.
Undo all bedding and shake it out.
Inside your duvet cover.
Check guest bathroom and Lucy's bathroom.
Trash can near bed (if you have one).

I am serious about my offer to come help look (tomorrow night?). You know how to reach me!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dust gypsy!! Also check DH's car too. I really hope you find it!

~LC

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust!!!

Where I usually start my search for lost items:

Pull all pillows/blankets off couches/chairs
Remove all couch/chair cushions
Carefully remove bedding one piece at a time
Under/behind the bed and nightstands

If not there, I make sure the garbage/recycling bins are safely in the garage (so they don't get collected in case I have to go there) then look to see where the cats are..... if something smallish is missing, they were probably involved :rolleyes:

You might also try using the vacuum to help. Use the hose to reach into dark corners and under everything. If your leather case is big enough it won't get sucked up but it should make a noticable feel as it tries.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
A truck filled with dust should be pulling up to your house about now. I can't even guess where you should look :(sad Can you try some visualization? Think back to when you put the diamonds in the jewelry roll and take it step by step where you went from there. Try to put everything else out of your mind. Sometimes, if I lose something, I go back to the last place where I had it and it jogs my memory. I'm hoping that you are able to find it soon. How terribly upsetting and frustrating :((

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I hate that sinking feeling you get when you think you've lost something valuable! Dust to you!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
dump truck full of dust! Hopefully when you stop looking, you will find it.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Dust! Hope to hear that you've found it soon.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, check your dresser drawers, like your lingerie drawer.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust to you, Gypsy, maybe it rolled under something? Or rolled to the back of a drawer?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results