shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get a little dust for finding my lost jewelry.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - Were the guests people you feel you can trust?

Could they have mistakenly grabbed it?

Could it have mistakenly been swept in with some stuff when cleaning up after they left?

I'm still thinking of bathrooms though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi dragonfly, I don't know. It's the first time we've had them over. I helped them buy their engagement ring... actually I bought it for them (they paid us back of course) but hubby has known them for quite a while (he works with the boyfriend/fiance). It was late when the left and we did have some wine so anything is possible. That's why I am having him ask.

As for the bathrooms, it's unlikely. We don't use two of them very much at all so they are immaculate and don't have much stuff in them. My bathroom has now been searched 4 times though. So... we'll see.

I just remember my GOG $500 gift certificate from the PS GTG in Vegas was in there. Well I just talked to Sarah and gave her a heads up that it's missing and if anyone tries to use it, it's not me. She said that even without the actual paper they will honor it for me (and me alone, so if anyone calls they are SOL).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUBBY FOUND IT.

It was in his nightstand drawer. He's been helping me search high and low, and I assumed that meant he had searched his nightstand, but apparently it never occurred to him it might be there. So he was looking for something else just now and found it!

YAY! YAY! YAY! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

It was the PS dust. I know it was. Okay... now I am taking my pieces OUT of the jewelry roll and putting them in separate places. Putting all my eggs in one basket was stupid. Clearly.

Whew!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, thank GOODNESS!!! I was literally just crafting another fingers crossed post - so glad I refreshed!

Big yes to taking them out of that darn roll - or painting bright pink stripes or something, so you never lose it again!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Zoe =) .

Yssie, it's already a bright noticeable color honestly, which is why it was driving me nuts that I couldn't find it. It's not a piece that blends. I can't leave all the pieces in it though. I just wear them pretty often and I switch things out so I thought keeping them in one place made sense, but clearly it's not a good idea.

I need to make an appointment with Nancy now to get my Odds and Ends necklace appraised and listed. And find out if I need to update the value of my Aurora band. With diamond prices soaring I was concerned about getting my pieces replaced at current prices.

Again, thanks so very much everyone. I was really upset and you guys really helped so very much. PS dust and good wishes and prayers to it again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! I was just checking to see if you found it! But if you put everything in different places, isn't even more likely that you'll have trouble finding something??? I have only one place I take off jewelry I am wearing and everything else is stored in one place. That way I cannot ever lose anything!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOHOOO!!!!!! Oh so glad your hubby found it.. I was just sick for you!!!!!! John should get a huge hug from all of us!!!! :wavey:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1308748015|2951873 said:
Yikes-tons of dust your way! If you have any Catholic in you, you should try praying to Saint Anthony. He's the Patron Saint of Lost Things.

I was raised Catholic, and my mom swore by this! She would say the following 3 times: "Dear St. Anthony, please come around. Something is lost and must be found."

Anyway, I was about to wish you some dust, but I see it's been found...what a relief!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I rejoice with you that your jewelry has been found. :appl: :appl: :appl:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you found your jewels Gypsy!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: So happy for you!!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yipee!! What a relief :appl: :appl: !

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy that our dear John :bigsmile: came to the rescue again!!!!

I think we Pricescopers have a strong attachment to Gypsy's 'pretties'. I almost felt violated myself :-o

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Such great news!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh, so glad to hear this :) :) :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great gypsy!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
SO happy you found it! I was getting so hyper reading this thread. We have all been there in one way or another....
Thinking something is stolen/lost and then it is found! YEAH!!!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I'm so happy you found it Gypsy! I was about to have a heart attack reading this thread.

I don't think it's a good idea to scatter your pieces in different places though. Do you have a safe? Maybe you should get one and put it in your closet (a large enough one that if someone broke in, it would be too hard to steal) and then everyday when you get home put your jewelry in there. Or just get a large jewelry box (something that's harder to misplace and keep it in one place) like a shelf in the closet and again, always put all jewelry in there. I wouldn't recommend keeping a jewelry box out on a dresser or something like that, you don't want it visible.

Whew! so glad you found it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: That's the best possible update! YAAAAAY! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a safe would be a good idea, that's what hubby is suggesting. And I think we will be getting one. I am going to put some of the pieces I don't really wear (turquoise and diamond pieces) at the bank with all my YG stuff (which is already there).

I just don't think that putting them all in one place that is so easy to displace is a good idea. It's not a full sized jewelry roll, it's a smaller one, so it's actually smaller than my wallet.

We went to Coldstone and I ended wearing my engagement ring, wedding band, watch, earrings, broach AND my Odds and Ends necklace. I was totally blinged out and hubby was laughing. He's like... I guess you are happy to have them back.

I'm not letting them out of my sight for a while. I was really scared. When the housekeeper was done and it was clear that it wasn't anywhere I was like... I can't imagine replacing my engagement ring. The other pieces, okay, but I really would have been heartbroken if I had lost my asscher.

I do have a large jewelry box and it's a nice one (present from hubby). But (and this is kinda funny) the cats have figured out how to open the drawers and Hally is a magpie, she loves shiny stuff and she's lost quite a few pairs of earrings (fortunately none have been too valuable). So it's not a safe place to store things.

Amber I hope your topaz earrings show up. MUCH DUST to you.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
OMG, so glad you found it! yay~~~

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy for you!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am sooooooooooo glad you found it!!!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
So glad it's found!!! Yay!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you found it Gypsy!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you found it Gypsy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results