shape
carat
color
clarity

can i get a better diamond than this for less than $4500

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juan

Rough_Rock
hello all,
the diamond that i am currently looking at is canadian.
BR 1.02 I VS1 GIA depth62.3 table57 symetry-EX polish-EX No culet
Thin-Sl. Thick girdle
6.43x6.51x4.03
that is all the info i can get about it. do you think that i can do any better or should i buy it sight unseen? not interested in paying for better quality that is not visibly apparent, the I color is fine and willing to drop to si1 if eye clean.
thanks for any help you can offer.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Juan...

Are you look into buying online or offline?

The depth is a tad deep which may steal a bit of the diameter away, note the diameter spread of 6.43-6.51 which means the average diameter is around 6.47 or so...which makes it a tiny bit smaller than a well-cut 1.02c stone would be. Also the diameter spread is quite large..I prefer a smaller range of maybe .04 as opposed to .08.

I would not buy this diamond sight unseen without more information, like crown and pavilion angles. It sounds as though you may be buying online? Are you in Canada? There are some ways to get around paying some of their horrendous taxes and still shop online...others have done it quite effectively at times.

Anyway, for your budget, you could get something like a very well cut H SI2 in the 1c range if you can find one...and to me that is the best bang for the buck. If it's eye clean, no one knows its SI2 and the H color will be an improvement over the I color. I would not buy I VS unless I had NO other options because to me it's overpaying for clarity when you could use extra $$ to get into an H colored stone. I will scour around the sites and see if I find anything as an example.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results