shape
carat
color
clarity

can i afford Harry Winston? Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala831

Rough_Rock
hi everyone...

I've managed to save some money in the past few years, and want to buy myself some nice jewelry. Do you think i'll be able to buy maybe a nice pendant necklace from Harry winston with about 15 to $20,000? Also, i saw this woman wearing this heart-shaped pendant necklace with pavé diamonds at a party, do you know if it's by harry winston? and if so...the approximate price? anyone who knows, please reply, i'd like to get a good idea before i go to the store if i can..THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.....

i've just added a pic of the pendant......

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I can't help you without seeing a picture, but I'm pretty sure that you could get some kind of necklace with $20K. Not something like Liz Taylor, but probably something verrrrrrrrry pretty.
1.gif

I can't tell you how high is HW's markup, but I suspect it's higher than Tiffany's. However, 20K it's A LOT of money so I suppose you could get a fancy necklace but probably without any important pendant(eg a solitaire). The Heart shape pendant was a solitaire? If so, I don't even want to think about its price!
eek.gif
9.gif

You seem to know what you want so I won't waste time telling you what a better deal you could get else where...
1.gif
HW is the jeweler to the stars so I see some point in making a purchase from them. They owned and set some of the MOST beautiful diamonds in the world, like the Hope!
So, I advise you to have a look at their store and see what you like and if it's not too outrangeously priced. I'm very curious to see your purchase. I'm sure it will be **fabulous**!!
1.gif

IP

Rough_Rock
I think the heart pendant w/ pave diamonds is from Tiffany's. Ok..I just found what I'm thinking of on their website. Go under "Jewelry" then "Pendants". It's on pg 31 (gold $3,400) pg 34 (platinum $3,600). Called "Tiffany Heart Pendant". Comes on a 16 inch chain.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
For $15k I'm sure you can find something at HW, though I can't say what. They sell some very, very high-end stones, as Giangi said some of the most notable diamonds in the world. That pink diamond Ben Affleck got at HW for J.Lo. set him back $1.1 million and that was hardly their most valuable piece.

You're going to pay a big mark-up for the name, but I'd pay that mark-up before I paid Tiffany's.

lala831

Rough_Rock
hi...

thanks for everyone's help...this is such a friendly site.....i've just uploaded a pic of the pendant...i'm still not so sure who made it though....but i think it's harry winston....how much do you guys think this is? i know that i'll be paying for a big mark-up...but it's just that it's always been my dream to buy a piece by harry winston....and i've been saving up for this....so i really hope i can get it....thanks again.....

heart pendant.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany has prices and pictures of its items on it's website...check it out to just get an idea of what you could buy at a store like Tiffany with your $$.

Harry Winston will probably be a higher markup but hopefully not TOO much higher. For $15-20k you can get some amazing pieces at Tiffany, so you should be able to get something great at HW. My mom has the Tiffany open heart diamond pendant (with about 1c of diamonds around it I think) that my dad got her a few years ago at Tiffany and its very beautiful. I'm hoping I'll get to wear it at my wedding! She gets tons of compliments on it and I think it was something like $3-4k....so in case you decide to go with Tiffany instead of HW, you should be dazzled with $20k to spend on a jewelry piece!

Congrats!
1.gif
Sure you don't want a right hand ring? Those are ALL THE RAGE now for the independent woman!! hee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results