shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I add extra diamonds to a shared-prong eternity band?

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
Just a quick question.. is it possible to add extra stones to a shared=prong style of eternity band? I have found a jeweller that I love who will give me a great price,the bands will have a 1/2 eternity... ideally I was wanting a 3/4 eternity, but I just can't quite afford it as I am having two wedding bands. So, is it possible to add extra stones at a later date?

Thanks

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Can I add extra diamonds to a shared-prong eternity band

I don't think it's likely without remaking the rings. I have a bar-set (type of shared prong) 5 stone ring and I wanted to add one more stone to each side to make it a 7 stone and was told it would need to be remade in order to turn it into a 7 stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You would need to remake the metal mounting for the stones I think.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, better to get exactly what you want in the first place because you may end up spending more to buy these and then have them remade later.

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock

lottapalooza|1306679913|2933094 said:
Just a quick question.. is it possible to add extra stones to a shared=prong style of eternity band? I have found a jeweller that I love who will give me a great price,the bands will have a 1/2 eternity... ideally I was wanting a 3/4 eternity, but I just can't quite afford it as I am having two wedding bands. So, is it possible to add extra stones at a later date?

Thanks
You could do what my friend did, which was have the bands made, one was with all diamonds, the other all CZ and over time, they saved money and then replaced all the CZs with diamonds.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock

Or just do one band right now, and the other down the road in a year (or 2 or 5) as an anniversary present? That's what I'd do.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

nfowife|1306769294|2933699 said:
Or just do one band right now, and the other down the road in a year (or 2 or 5) as an anniversary present? That's what I'd do.

Me too! Do one right, then get another one later.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1306774551|2933771 said:
nfowife|1306769294|2933699 said:

Me too! Do one right, then get another one later.

Definitely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results