shape
carat
color
clarity

Can change yellow to rose gold via plating?

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have always had my heart set on a rose gold engagement ring. I have loved it from before it became popular and think it looks so good on my skin. Sadly I have also fallen in love with a one of a kind edwardian OEC ring from the 1910's thats 14k yellow gold.
I love the ring so much that I think/hope I can live with it not being rose gold. I do wonder however if it is possible to plate the ring in rose gold and change the colour. The setting is engraved and is filigree which I imagine complicates thing. The small amount of information from google is mixed, many saying it wouldn't be worth it as it will rub of quickly being an everyday piece of jewellery.
Any one have any experience of advice?

Thanks

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They sell cast settings that are made to order, I think. Did you ask them if they could do it in rose gold?

In any case, yes, you could have it plated with rose gold.

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
The ring is a genuine antique so it's not being made otherwise I definitely would have. Thanks for the reply :angel:

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Anyone had experience with this?

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had a platinum ring plated with rose gold on the halo. Lasted about 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it again. Hope that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results