shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone tell me the name of this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sw33tmilk

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have acquired a ring, among others, from my grandmother. I don't know a thing about gemstones. From what I've read, a diamond can scratch a mirror or glass. Can only diamonds do this? When I tried this with this blue gemstone, which can come loose from its gold ring, I can certainly write my name in a mirror using it.

Here is a very blurred image of the stone. Sorry! But I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Image(01).jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 4:16:31 AM
Author:sw33tmilk

Hi! I have acquired a ring, among others, from my grandmother. I don''t know a thing about gemstones. From what I''ve read, a diamond can scratch a mirror or glass. Can only diamonds do this?

No... more gem materials are harder than glass. And even with diamonds that sort of test may still end with both objects chipped.

Is it colorless? The picture doesn''t help me much with color. What seems to show is a window through the stone (see - through area towards the middle). Is there such a thing? If so, high RI stones are mostly out, as it would take an exceptionally shallow cut to put a large window like that through them. The list includes diamonds and simulants (CZ, YAG...). Other than this, I don''t get much of a clue from the information posted.

How about size? Color? Type of setting? Are facets junctions abraded at all?

Thanks for the gem quiz
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results