shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone suggest a secure way to ship diamond?

hellosisi1977

Rough_Rock
Many people mention usps register mail service, however I found their policy kind of confusing. I can't use registry mail if it is insured. Or did I mis-understand the wording? What will be the liability of usps if the shipment was lost or damaged?

Here is something quoted from usps website. The Red part is kind of confusing. And it doesn't mention anything of the liability on usps.

"Registered Mail is available for items paid at Priority Mail and First-Class Mail prices. It may be combined with COD, Delivery Confirmation, restricted delivery, return receipt, or Signature Confirmation. Postal insurance is provided for articles with a declared value up to a maximum of $25,000. Only items with no declared value may use registry service without insurance. Handling charges apply for articles valued over $25,000. Registered Mail must be presented to a retail employee at a Post Office or a rural route. "

Thanks!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
I always assumed it was the same as any insured item (you file a claim if it gets lost, they pay you) but that's how I've shipped all my diamonds, and I've never had an issue. Registered mail is taken VERY good care of. Every single person who comes into contact with it has to sign off on it.

hellosisi1977

Rough_Rock
Sorry. The website was down last night and I couldn't see my post at all. That's why I post it about this morning.
Thanks for the advice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results