shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommend a jeweler in the KY/TN area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I really need to see more styles in person before I decide what I''d like to order online. Unfortunately in my town there are really only mall jewelers. I''m interested in cushions and of course they never have any instock. I feel bad having them bring in the stones when I have not interest in purchasing them. I''m in the southern KY area. I thought maybe someone here might have a recommendation. Thanks!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! I''m in Nashville so, depending upon where in southern KY you live, Nashville may not be too far away.

I cannot specifically comment on cushions, as I was looking at rounds.

However, I had a great experience with Randy Barker at Barker Diamond Company (http://barkerdiamond.com/index.asp). We bought my stone online, but bought the setting from him. I don''t know if he keeps a stock of cushions or not, but you could call him and ask. He definitely had some good rounds (GIA ex/ex), and he also showed us some princesses and maybe a radiant or two.

You also might want to try Genesis Diamonds (http://genesisdiamonds.net/) -- again, though, I don''t know about their cushion selection. They had GIA rounds at a decent price (for a B&M) with an upgrade policy -- and a pretty good selection of settings as well.

Finally, Tiffany''s just opened up at the Green Hills Mall a few days ago. (I haven''t gone yet -- I''ve never been to one before.
8.gif
)

All three places above are really close to each other in the Green Hills/Hillsboro Village area of Nashville.

Mrssalvo is from TN as well ... she may have other (and likely better
1.gif
) suggestions.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! I'm in Bowling Green so Nashville is only about 45 minutes-1 hr away. It would make a fun day trip for the boyfriend and I :) . He's from Lousivlle so we'll be looking at some jewelers there as well.

And I'm also considering a round as a very distant second so it's great to know where to see some great ones to help me decide! I feel like a round for me would be the easy way out (no offense at all to those with rounds!!!). I simply mean that cushions are so individual and no 2 look alike to the point that I'm extremely nervous about buying one online. A round just seems so much easier to evaluate online and you kinda know what it's going to look like. I think we'll probably start with Mart at engagement rings direct for the cushion since he seems to have a great track record for picking great ones and I really need some eyes that I can trust. Now if I could only find a solitaire setting I love. I'm considering giving a jeweler a picture of Albi's vera wang setting and just telling them to recreate it in plain platinum. :) I love how delicate and open it is.

MDM

Rough_Rock
Murr,

If you''re still having trouble in So. KY, I would suggest making the drive up to Covington/Newport just accross the river from Cincinnati. I''m currently working with Stafford Jewelers and they have been wonderful. You could call ahead and tell them your price range and desired cut/clarity, and they will order it for you if they don''t have it in.

Also, don''t feel bad having a mall store order in a diamond even though you have no intent on purchasing. After all, they have no problem selling lower grade diamonds to uneducated consumers at premium prices.

Good Luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 12:21:56 AM
Author: turtledazzle

However, I had a great experience with Randy Barker at Barker Diamond Company (http://barkerdiamond.com/index.asp).

You also might want to try Genesis Diamonds (http://genesisdiamonds.net/) -- again, though, I don't know about their cushion selection. They had GIA rounds at a decent price (for a B&M) with an upgrade policy -- and a pretty good selection of settings as well.

turtledazzle gave you some great options. it's been a while since I was in Randy's store but the last time I was there he did have a couple of cushions. Genesis has GIA and EGl stones. They also had cushions when I went to look. They carry a nice selection of designer settings and a great place to go and try things on. Mark T has a wonderful reputation here for coming up with some amazing cushions. doesn't hurt to explore all your options. If you are coming in on a sat. you'll want to have an appt. at both places. Randy isn't normally open on saturdays but will make special appointments for those interested. Genesis is busy on sat. so having a appt there will just make things a whole lot easier
1.gif

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
Check out Seng Jewelers in Louisville (on 4th Street). They have some yummy stuff there.

~RedRaider

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results