shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommend a B&M jeweler in Los Angeles area?

LobH

Rough_Rock
Any B&M places in the Los Angeles area, that aren't a big chain, that people could recommend?

I tried the "Local Jeweler" search on this site and got 36 pages of jewelers w/in 25 miles of my zip code, and a lot of the reviews therein weren't that helpful. Obviously downtown LA is the hub of B&M jewelers that aren't a big chain, but can anyone recommend a specific one that is trustworthy and won't rip me off (or possibly a link to a site that would hep me narrow my search) ?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
what is it you are looking for? Someplace that has pieces already made where you can pick something out, a "jeweler" to make you something, someone who can get you a loose stone...?

LobH

Rough_Rock
Looking for a place with ready made stone and ring that i can pick out

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, help us out. You want fast and easy? What are you looking for? (You made me curious)

LobH

Rough_Rock
Well relatively easy for a first time diamond novice like myself, without getting ripped off.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not from the LA area and can't help you find local dealers, but I can help move this question along. :wink2:

What sort of budget are you working with?

Do you want a new ring only, or might your girlfriend be OK with a "pre-loved" ring?

Are you looking for a ring you can give as a holiday gift?

Do you know anything about your girlfriend's ring preferences?

BTW if you're a Costco member, we've seen some reasonable jewelry bought there - "some" being the operative word. We can help you evaluate specific rings and diamonds once you decide on one. One nice thing about Costco is its no questions asked return policy - but this applies only of the ring has not been altered in any way, including sizing. If you must have a ring to give at Hanukkah or Christmas, getting a Costco ring as a "stand-in" for a ring that you select later, together with your girlfriend, is one option.

Mhepburn20

Rough_Rock
Not to hijack this thread but been wondering the same thing. I'm engagement ring shopping and was considering a trip to the LA diamond district. Spent the last few weeks reading through the Beyond4cs website, memorizing the ranges, looking at the ideal scope images, ASET, and browsing the selections at White Flash, James Allen, Blue Nile, Brilliant Earth but figured I should maybe go see some in person especially since I also may want/need sooner than later. I know the style of ring my girlfriend likes and I think after reviewing everything I'm looking for something in the 1.3-1.5 range H/I color, VS2/SI1 clarity but 100% eye clean and obviously ideal cut.

Are there any good B&M stores to go check out? Seems Victor Canera is recommended on here a bit. Any others in that area?

DrS

Rough_Rock
I've dealt with adiamor in the past but do yourself a favor and call Leslie at bgd you won't be disappointed trust me

Mhepburn20

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I am sure this is an ignorant question but does BGD have a store in LA or just the Houston location? I like their online selection

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just Houston.

VC is in LA, I think you could go to his showroom

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass is in LA too. I live in the LA area and bought my stones from both Whitefish and Brian Gavin diamonds. You can't go wrong with either and you won't be ripped off.

ovalsaremyfave

Rough_Rock
Not to hijack this thread but been wondering the same thing. I'm engagement ring shopping and was considering a trip to the LA diamond district. Spent the last few weeks reading through the Beyond4cs website, memorizing the ranges, looking at the ideal scope images, ASET, and browsing the selections at White Flash, James Allen, Blue Nile, Brilliant Earth but figured I should maybe go see some in person especially since I also may want/need sooner than later. I know the style of ring my girlfriend likes and I think after reviewing everything I'm looking for something in the 1.3-1.5 range H/I color, VS2/SI1 clarity but 100% eye clean and obviously ideal cut.

Are there any good B&M stores to go check out? Seems Victor Canera is recommended on here a bit. Any others in that area?

Bridal rings Company and Mark broumand

Mhepburn20

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. Going to make some appointments

Mhepburn20

Rough_Rock
I made some appointments and went in yesterday. Icing on the Ring and Bridal Rings Company were faves (and both provided an idealscope - Bridal's was specifically hearts and arrows). I did not make it to Victor's but also did hit Adiamor (very friendly, not pushy at all but you really don't get any benefit versus going online - they literally just pulled favorites from their online inventory and then emailed the numbers to me - they did not have the actual diamonds. In fairness this may have been because the notes for my appointment were vague in the system and didn't include the 4c's information of what I was looking for). I'll go into more detail later but it was extremely useful to get to go see some of these terms I've read about online and seen in super magnified images and how they appear in person.

Bridal and Icing did have some ideal cuts (per HCA and the idealscope images) and you really could tell the difference. the Ideal cut I that I saw at Bridal was by far the best looking diamond for brilliance and fire that I saw all day. Icing had a similar excellent cut (I didn't run the HCA but it was the reference stone he pulled for viewing under the idealscope and that looked excellent - no ring of leakage around the center as so many other stones that weren't ideal had). All three of the above stores really had terrific customer service but a special shout out to Bridal Rings that took a lot of time with me and although we started in the main room and with some diamonds that weren't so great - once he knew what I was looking for he took me back into the lab and we used the loupe, the scope, and even saw the inscribed GIA number on the diamond that ended up being my favorite. It was great to see an eye clean SI1 versus an SI1 with a black inclusions in the table that was noticeable as well as how a medium blue flourence affected a stone (to my eyes). I did see some EGL diamonds at one of the stores and for sure their colors are off (at least as far as the stone I saw) as an I stone seemed more like a K to me.

Thanks for the advice all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results