shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone read Hanzi? Need help reading Chinese characters.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
When my MIL passed last year, my husband ended up with her very small jewelry collection. I love this pendant, and would like to know what the characters say, if anyone is able to read it? My husband never learned to read Chinese characters, he can only speak a moderate amount of Cantonese, because they wanted him to be "American". Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20200624_213038.jpg
    20200624_213038.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200624_213018.jpg
    20200624_213018.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 23

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
When my MIL passed last year, my husband ended up with her very small jewelry collection. I love this pendant, and would like to know what the characters say, if anyone is able to read it? My husband never learned to read Chinese characters, he can only speak a moderate amount of Cantonese, because they wanted him to be "American". Thank you!!

It means happy. 快樂

saltypearl

Rough_Rock
That is a lovely pendant! That detail of the woman reading a book outside is darling.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these kinds of threads

Your MIL's pendent is very beautiful and i love the inscription means happy
I hope you have happy memories of her

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely pendant!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! She lived a hard life, and was 2 times an immigrant. First to Brazil when they fled China, then to the US. I only knew her for the last few years of her life, when she suffered with dementia and was not always in a good place, but her last year with us was so much better, after we finally got her medications balanced, and had full time carers for her. She kept her small jewelry collection hidden at the back of a full closet, never worn, and never enjoyed. My husband said he had literally never seen any of it in his life. So the fact that she never enjoyed any of it makes us both sad. Most of it was plain, high karat gold chains and rings, but I plan to keep the few special pieces, and wear them in her memory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results