shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone identify this hallmark? (LB)

tropicgems

Rough_Rock
I currently have 2 rings with this particular hallmark, both rings are from around the 1930s / 40s-ish and made from platinum. the rings are extremely fine quality in construction and materials which is why im so curious about the maker. The hallmark is L B with what looks to be some type of animal? in the center. hopefully someone here can id it

lbhallmark.jpg

staticdrift

Rough_Rock
Did you ever figure out what it means? I have a ring with the same markings, but no idea what it means.

motacilla

Rough_Rock
How is the platinum content marked, and where? Outside of the band or inside?
I looked at the Lang Antiques maker's mark database and several French makers had a similar mark: initials on either side of an animal or bird. So it could be French. If the metal purity mark is outside the band, it's very likely because they tend to mark it there.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motacilla|1465902642|4043807 said:
How is the platinum content marked, and where? Outside of the band or inside?
I looked at the Lang Antiques maker's mark database and several French makers had a similar mark: initials on either side of an animal or bird. So it could be French. If the metal purity mark is outside the band, it's very likely because they tend to mark it there.

Yup. A photo of any other markings might help. Meanwhile, I got through page 61 of the "L"'s with no luck... you might want to look through the rest :wink2: :

http://www.trademarkia.com/category-in-jewelry-products-014-page-61-starting-l

(The company name could also begin with a "B", I suppose...)

jenlc

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring has this exact mark. The ring was my husbands great great aunts.. that is all the information we have on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results