shape
carat
color
clarity

can anyone identify this cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i was out pawn shopping yesterday and there was a platinum set solitaire about 2 carats $8000. absolutely gorgeous.

it was a square shape, like a princess, but had a round crown. stunning.

was this a quadrillion?

edited to add: of course, i couldn't afford it but it was fun to gawk.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crown was high or the table was round? With a high crown it could be a cushion.

Or do you mean the stone is square but the crown itself is round?

I''m trying to picture it. I want want want to go to your pawn shops. Mine have nothing good. The good stuff can be bought online for the same price. So I''ve gone new online, after months of checking my pawn shops.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, sounds like a square H&A?? Or a cushion?? The Quadrillion line when I sold it ages ago was a branded princess cut. Not sure what they are putting out now... Makes me want to seek out some pawn shops around me!!! Let us know what you find out about it, sounds interesting!!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 11:42:56 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
The crown was high or the table was round? With a high crown it could be a cushion.

I'm trying to picture it. I want want want to go to your pawn shops. Mine have nothing good. The good stuff can be bought online for the same price. So I've gone new online, after months of checking my pawn shops.
yes. to both, the table was round and high but the pavillion looked like a princess/ quadrillion. very square. in a heavy platinum knife edge setting. it was fluorescent too. from a collectors point of view it was a keeper.

i go to pawn shops in rich neighborhoods. this one was in the memorial area of houston.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
LK,

One of these days, I''m going to check your haunts out!

I want to check out the pawn shops, but just don''t do it. I should make myself though.
Your latest find sounds really interesting.

Do you find that pawn shops inventory increases at holiday time?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 8:42:49 AM
Author: Ann
LK,

One of these days, I'm going to check your haunts out!

I want to check out the pawn shops, but just don't do it. I should make myself though.
Your latest find sounds really interesting.

Do you find that pawn shops inventory increases at holiday time?
go check out the one on westheimer in between dairy ashford and wilcrest

another good one is bellaire and hwy 6

fry road and I-10 also good.

yes inventory all gets pulled out at xmas.they don't bargain with you. i would wait til after xmas, when they don't want to have inventory for the jan 1 inventory on thier books. THEN they will dicker.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2006 6:26:31 AM
Author: ladykemma

Date: 12/20/2006 11:42:56 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

I''m trying to picture it. I want want want to go to your pawn shops. Mine have nothing good. The good stuff can be bought online for the same price. So I''ve gone new online, after months of checking my pawn shops.
yes. to both, the table was round and high but the pavillion looked like a princess/ quadrillion. very square. in a heavy platinum knife edge setting. it was fluorescent too. from a collectors point of view it was a keeper.

i go to pawn shops in rich neighborhoods. this one was in the memorial area of houston.
OK now I can "see" it. I wish I lived nearby I''d love to actually see it. It must have a name.

I also wish I had enough money to collect something like that.
38.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
bummer, no pictures! It sounds very beautiful!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
that''s it! wow, you''re good.....

and it was definitely a high end piece of jewelry.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif

Just a reg princess with a modified table.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results