shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help with this price and certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loengard

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve been ''lurking'' around the board for some time and appreciate the fact that so many experts are gathering here.

Therefore, I thought I''d run a quote I got by you guys. I got this quote from an Antwerp diamond dealer.

Specifics of the diamond are:
- colour: G
- clarity: VS2
- carat size: 1.02c
- fluorescence: none
- proportion: very good
- finish: very good

The price offered is 4974 USD. Is this a good price?

Is it a good stone by the way? For 5819 USD I can get a 1.22 H VS2 diamond, with same specifics as above (so only the colour is different, H, and the carat size, 1.22). Would this be a better buy?

And finally, the diamond is accompanied by a certificate from the High Council of Diamonds Belgium (HRD). Is this a decent certificate?

Thanks so much for helping me out! I''ve been doing homework for a month now, I now more than the basics of the C''s, but there''s only so much a non-expert can do on his own. So thanks for the help,

Peter

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
From my initial search I have found that it seems to be a pretty good price!

I have found two 1.06ct stones, both G color, for about $6,600 (for the VS2), $6,840 (for the VS1), both IDEAL.

For both the clairty and color, as well as size, these seem to be too good to be true!!

On another site, I find a H&A ideal G, VS2 in 1.037 to be $7,800 or so. So barring your stone is cut all bizarre, it's a pretty darn good deal you got there!

If you can include angles and Sarin numbers, like the Pavillion angle, the crown angle, crown height, and culet %...it may be able to help us see how it's cut. Most people like to use the Halloway Cut Advisor as a nice tool to see how it can perform.

So far what a bargain!!!
naughty.gif
9.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Peter,

On the info provided, there is no way to say whether it is a good, a decent deal, or a bargain.

The HRD-certificate is reliable for colour and clarity. Their grading on cut is useless since the VG-range on proportions is way too wide. A 'Good' finish-grade is a definite minus, since a 'Very Good' on finish does not even guarantee great polish and/or symmetry.

However, the HRD has crown and pavilion angles on its cert, along with other measurements, so you should be able to get that. This will teach us a lot more about the cut of this stone.

Live long,

Paul

robbe

Shiny_Rock
paul wrote

------------------------

However, the HRD has crown and pavilion angles on its cert...

------------------------

paul, they don't put the angles. only %.

robbe

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry Robbe,

I was confused. You are right.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results