shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me with Yellow Garnet?

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Hellow folks,
I am purchasing my first properly cut coloured Gem and I have been emailing Jeff at Whites Gems who has been very patient and helpful. I started looking for a yellow sapphire but thanks to a bit of help and guidance I am pretty set on a yellow garnet (I would like it asscher cut). Jeff has some greenish yellow and orangish yellow rough so I cannot see what the finished result would be like. Has anyone got a greenish or orangy yellow garnet they could show me? I am looking for examples on the internet but not finding much there either.

Any help would be appreciated :bigsmile:

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kelpie, that one on the left is amazing!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1317154444|3027145 said:

the one on the left is mine!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1317161623|3027287 said:
Lottie UK|1317154444|3027145 said:

the one on the left is mine!

VapidLapid you lucky thing what a fantastic stone, I am truly very envious. What do you plan on doing with it? I would love to see some real life photos.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
lottie it IS a lovely stone, just a little small, whicih isnt a bad thing but if this stone were everything it is and bigger, well then...
I did post pictures of it kind of extensively:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/molly-garnette.164825/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/molly-garnette.164825/[/URL]
I have another mali garnet that is more yellow sometimes, but not always. They are a devilish species and need to be evaluated on a one at a time basis. There are other yellow garnets and the one jeff white may be thinking of for you could well be a grossular yellow, which would make them the yellow relatives of tsavorites and merlani mints. They can be quite stunning.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos, the microscope shots are fascinating, thank you for posting the link.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
here is a picture of yellow grossular, fyi

Lg-GarnetGrossularPairRd1_66ct.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lottie,
The rough that Jeff showed you will be very close to the end result colour of the stone. Showing pictures of other yellowish garnets might end up being a totally different colour than what he has in hand.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1317221733|3027796 said:
Lottie,
The rough that Jeff showed you will be very close to the end result colour of the stone. Showing pictures of other yellowish garnets might end up being a totally different colour than what he has in hand.

Hi Chrono - apologies, re-reading my original post I don't think I explained myself very clearly. Jeff has no yellow garnet but he does have numerous pieces of yellow-orange and yellow-green. He has suggested that if I send him some photo examples of yellows in that color range that appeal to me, he will check his inventory for something similar. Then, he can send a photo of that specific piece or pieces of rough.

Quantz Studios

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here's a yellow Grossular from Tanzania. I'd describe it as slightly orange-ish yellow. Good luck in you hunt! _3102.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results