shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me with an approximate appraisal on a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheMightyGoat

Rough_Rock
I''ve had a gold ring laying around the house for several years. I know absolutely nothing about jewelry, but the inside band of the ring says "10k gold". Set in the ring are four stones each of a different color; one deep red, one light/pale green, one blue, and one clear. I have no idea if they are "real" or not, but if they are, I suppose they would be ruby, emerald, sapphire and diamond. Again, though, I know nothing about jewelry.

Can anyone tell me how, short of going to a professional, I might determine whether or not the stones are "real", and what the value of this ring might be? (Which would depend on the stones.)

Thanks for any help.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You definitely need to take the ring to a professional....no one can give you any sort of estimate on the description you gave, and even pictures wouldn't be true to the piece of jewelry. Take it into an independent appraiser or reputable jeweler for an opinion, and definitely not a pawn shop or anything like that because they will undercut the value in case you want to sell, etc.

BTW could your signature be any more disturbing?
14.gif
15.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Goat. Sounds like your describing a mother's ring. The "10k", means 10 karat gold, so it's probably an inexpensive ring with synthetic birthstones.

If so, the retail range for those rings usually falls between $60-$90.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
As disturbing as the signature line sounds, it may be more disturbing that I know where it comes from. A simpson's episode where the family goes to Japan and has to work at a fish factory to earn money for a ticket home. That's the work chant that plays to motivate the worker's. Please say I am right, MightyGoat.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Rich proved me wrong!!
1.gif
Yay...better than paying for a real appraisal!!

Homer..yes that is disturbing that you know that...but now I am slightly less disturbed to know the nature of the quote...I hope!

3.gif
(still gross!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results