shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me find a setting like tihs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Now that the diamond issue is taken care of...

I have been looking at this setting at Spence Diamonds in Canada. But they don''t sell the setting without the stone! I haven''t seen this setting anywhere else online. Wondering if anyone has seen it and can find me a picture so we can either order it from whatever store or else get it custom made.

The drawing is a bit rough, but basically the band comes around and does a little twist upwards to form the diagonal thingy.

Thanks!!!

mintchoco_ykc_setting.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The image on the site is something that many manufacturer''s could make for you. A rather stock split open shank design. Your sketch is not this ring though. Maybe there is another which actually passes under the diamond.

thumbnail33.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imgnotfound.jpg

Pearlman's Link
This ring has the diagonal/split shank going the other way round except it is bezel set. Is this sort of what you are looking for?

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Thanks so far, but unfortunately none of the ones you''ve pointed out are it. There''s just one piece to the band and it doesn''t split off into two. It does pass under the diamond where it does a twist. It''s not on the spence site, since they don''t have all their designs up there.

I''ve looked almost everywhere online and still can''t find it. I guess I''ll either have to sneak a camera to take pictures of it at the store or send a custom jeweller there to help me.
33.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i think it may be a crossover ring? there have been some pictured on here so do a search. there is one shown with a link to graff but it has pave on the shank. it seems to me that there is a thread with a david yurman crossover similiar to that with rope look shank. maybe woobug asked about it once? it seems i asked if it was available in platinum but i can't find anything like that in search but i am sure it should be here. i know this sounds convoluted.

eta: i think it was made mention that the ring was seen in bridal type magazines but not on his site. i looked on his site and couldn't find any bridal.

eta2: search thread going to have this made is it a good price? posted by woobug. there is a pic of a ring that looks similiar except shank is rope look. sorry i am to stupid to link it for you.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of the same David Yurman thread/ring. From the sketch I think she wantes the back bands to be parallel, like this one, only obviously kinfe-edge instead of pave. I think someone has this ring in pave, and I just can''t find it!

T953618.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
I saw this one at Jareds.

ujflyurfyfuyluyfy.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 6:10:51 PM
Author: ponderer
I saw this one at Jareds.
Ummmm, I''m pretty sure that is my ring that I owned for a few weeks (until I changed my mind!)

I bought it at a jewelry mart in So California. Here are some more pics in case you end up having it made.

100_1036_2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This setting was purchased from Jared

jyujfyyt.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

kiyjg.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one

treytef.jpg

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Okay I think I''ve been totally misunderstood! I don''t want a cross-over ring!!!

I''ve fixed my sketches so maybe this will clarify things. I''m really desperate for a pic somewhere!!!

topview_ykc.jpg

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Here's the side-view. Thanks!!!

sideview_ykc.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that''s a huge difference! Can''t say I''ve ever seen one like that. Maybe it will ring a bell with someone -- good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s certainly different from what I originally thought it was. A very nice design but I wonder if the 2 "wings" are just more things to catch on. It might get the ring caught on sweaters, scratch another person, etc.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it like a Claude Thibaudeau ring? That little bar reminds me of someone''s on here who got her e-ring custom made, but it was inspired by his designs. His website is http://creationthibaudeau.com/ and the rings I''m thinking of are under the "Pure Perfection" collection. I think that might be what you are describing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results