shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help me find a Sapphire?

Bec619

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new here, How is everyone :)

I'm looking for a Square Cushion Cut Sapphire.

Preferably unheated about 6x6mm in a Medium - Dark Blue (But not so dark it looks black) or a Greeny/Blue

I'm my wildest dreams i'd love a Color-Changing Sapphire but i haven't found any Cushion Cuts

I've been looking at the links that were posted at the start of the thread but noticed some had mixed reviews

So can anyone recommend a site? Your welcome to post pictures of what you brought :D

I'm open to other Gemstones, As long as they're Durable as it's for my Engagement ring ^^

Thank you all very much!

Here is a picture of the colors i like :)
bgsa175-bRl.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
There's a BEYOND gorgeous square cushion cut sapphire here: http://www.spectralgems.net/A-corundum.html
It's 6.1x6.1, but what's your budget?

N/m, I just noticed that you want UNHEATED-- but nonetheless, budget matters.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
How 'bout this? But it's only 5.5mm :(sad 1ct stone

Untreated ceylon sapphire... 600 USD

sapph_1.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is heated but I think this color change sapphire from AJS could be a great choice....and that price is super low.

ETA: Picture!

colorchangecushion.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
1.24ct $1800 rectangular but unheated

cs26.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1308973111|2954596 said:
1.24ct $1800 rectangular but unheated

WHERE? VL, WHERE?

Bec619

Rough_Rock
wakingdreams53: Our budget is $1000 but if we can't get an unheated one for that price we'll have to get a heated one :) That Sapphire is so pretty! I'll have to find out the price, Thanks!

blithesome71: It's a pretty stone but the edges look to pointy, If that makes sense! Thank you any way :D

cokitty: I have been looking at that one for a while, But i decided it wasn't Square enough. Thank though (It's such a gorgeous stone!)

VapidLapid: I like the color but it's out of budget :( But thank you ^^

Xiriah: I love the second one, It is a bit light but it's really pretty! (and budget friendly!) Thank you :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BEC19- I would try calling AJS or emailing them. They are super responsive and very nice to work with. If you give them your parameters they might be able to find you something that is not on their website. The owner is in Hong Kong this weekend but I think he will be back in the office early next week.

Bec619

Rough_Rock
cokitty: I emailed them :D Thank you.

I'm currently in love with one of the Richard Homer Round Sapphires, But from what i hear his prices are high :(

Bec619

Rough_Rock
I'm currently loving this stone, I'm sure we can't afford it but if we can i think i may change the ring just to fit this beautiful stone :D

5986BSapph.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
That's a gorgeous Homer stone Bec! You're right about cost though, but I think his cutting makes it worthwhile! I would contact him to find out if he has anything else of that color -- because a major reality check will hit when you ask about price, which is what happened when I inquired about #6352 and found out that it's priced at $4,950. :-o

Good luck with your search! Your certainly have great taste! What setting do you have in mind?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1309112944|2955502 said:
That's a gorgeous Homer stone Bec! You're right about cost though, but I think his cutting makes it worthwhile! I would contact him to find out if he has anything else of that color -- because a major reality check will hit when you ask about price, which is what happened when I inquired about #6352 and found out that it's priced at $4,950. :-o

Good luck with your search! Your certainly have great taste! What setting do you have in mind?

If the color is accurate in the photo, and it's a heated stone, I would say more than half the price is the premium for cutting. I would also surmise that it's pretty dark because it doesn't even brighten that much against the dark background.

I checked and it is heated, and there is no origin stated (some origins have a higher premium), therefore, you are paying mostly for the artistry of Richard Homer, and to some people, it's worth it. I will just add the final caveat that I don't like concave cutting on darker toned stones since concave faceting tends to make a stone look darker in the first place.

I much prefer the color on the 93 pointer listed right above it. As you can also see, it's against a slightly lighter background, but you can see the difference in saturation.

Bec619

Rough_Rock
wakingdreams53: I'm sure it'll be out of price :(

TL: It makes me think of Space and stars, Thats why i like it :razz: But i'm not holding my breath that i'll be able to afford it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bec619|1309127555|2955616 said:
wakingdreams53: I'm sure it'll be out of price :(

TL: It makes me think of Space and stars, Thats why i like it :razz: But i'm not holding my breath that i'll be able to afford it.

Just curious as to why it makes you think of space and stars. I'm a bit of an astronomy enthusiast, and I would love to know your reasoning behind that. :))

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I hope you can afford the exact stone of your dreams! I always think they look sort of like fireworks!

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bec619,

If you're interested in a concave cut but are willing to sway from Richard Homer, you can contact Gene at precisiongem or Andrew at Gemfix. They both do concave cuts as well. I think that you'll always pay a bit more for a concave cut because it's more time consuming though.

Bec619

Rough_Rock
TL: I'm not really sure why, When i saw it it just made me think of shooting stars.

cokitty: Thank you :D My boyfriend thought they looked like fireworks

Gempassion: I don't mind who cuts it, I just really liked that one. I only found out about Richard Homers existence a few days ago (When i joined up here!) So the name behind it still doesn't mean much to me :razz:

Bec619

Rough_Rock
Just in case i can't afford the other Sapphire what does everyone think of these?

Stones.jpg

Sorry i'm asking so much :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results