shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone help identify this necklace??

pizzle

Rough_Rock
I was given this necklace when i was 5ish (im now 27) but i dont know anything about it. Its got the origional chain that has "MIDAS 14K" stamped on it.
On the back of the flower its got 14k and 3 letters or numbers that im having real trouble making out!
Does anyone know what age it could be, is it worth anything?? Really any information would be great.
Thanks

SDC11097.JPG

pizzle

Rough_Rock
Also do you think the stone is turquoise? if not what could it be? thanks

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
No idea who made it -- I looked up Midas & found a few jewelers but nothing screamingly relevant. You know it's 14K so that's good -- and it's pretty & unique. The center stone could be turquoise, could be enamel, or something else. Looks like nice quality -- I'd wear it happily if I were you!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a range of jewellery shops in Turkey called "Midas" and they stamp their jewellery as such. Typically items are 14k gold. So my guess is that this could be Turkish or Greek. The blue stone could be Turquoise or Chalcedony or even a synthetic (that wouldn't be unheard of). In terms of cost, you can get a rough idea if you weigh it and then look up how much today's gram weight is for gold. It's a very pretty necklace.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately it is completely impossible to tell synthetic turquoise apart from natural - IIRC even if you turn it into powder you still can't tell.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pandora|1312652151|2985485 said:
Unfortunately it is completely impossible to tell synthetic turquoise apart from natural - IIRC even if you turn it into powder you still can't tell.

Synthetic turquoise can be identified with magnification. You're looking for microspheres ("cream of wheat") primarily-at 30X+. The stone in this pendant could be treated turquoise, which is pretty common.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You were 5 and now 27 ... 22 years. Turquoise tends to get "sick" with age - perhaps not all of it, but some, especially if you do not wear it often.

Dear fellows - how high is the chance of turquoise "living" for 22 years and being as lively and blue as this one? I am asking in all sincerity, turquoise is "my" stone according to horoscope but I never cared for it much so I do not know anything about it except for the fact that I have several no doubt real turquoises and three "reconstituted" stones and most of the real ones, except for two, are turning greenish as time goes by.

But it is a pretty pendant, and the stone could always be changed if you are tired of this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results