shape
carat
color
clarity

Can any experts tell me if this is a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomoko

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am new here

I wanted to know if this was a good deal before I purchase this rock. I didn''''t seem to get a good replys on my first post.

Its GIA
1.43CT H VS1
Cut Grade: Excel
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excel
Fluor: Strong Blue
Table:57%
Depth:61.6%
Cutlet:VS
crown angle 34.5
pav angle 41.2
crown 15
pav depth 43.5
gridle thin medium

He has offered me 8800. Is this ok? THanks

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You probably aren''t getting a lot of responses because the post is in diamond hangout instead of rocky talky. The price for this diamond is reasonable, but I''m not a huge fan of the cut. Hopefully some others will chime in.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Agree with Kcoursolle.

Tomoko, if you compare prices for similar diamonds listed in the web (GIA report, 1.40-1.49ct, H, VS1, Depth<62%, Table <58%) you''d fine that the your price is not bad at all.

More info you can get by analyzing the stone with independent appraiser.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen this stone in person?

that pav angle is pretty steep and the crown does not really compensate that well for it.

if you have other options or the ability to keep looking, i would....

tomoko

Rough_Rock
Yes I have seen it in person. THe FLr SB seems to make the rock look like E/F color comparing side by side.

May I ask why Pav angle might be important? I didn't think much about it since the angle seems to be within Idea cut range.
I used this site to compare the angles.
http://jcrs.securesites.com/newsletters/2005/2005_12.htm

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's good for the price, but cut advocates would have to say that cut comes before any other consideration. Better stones to be had if you stepped into 1.3 cts?

A 41.2 PA with shallower crown would be better. The pavilion is important because it is so long and sets the foundation for light return. Symmetry deviations are also more likely to negatively affect the stone.

tomoko

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responds,

He does have some 1.3CT range but I didn''t like how it looked. He also have several 1.5CT G-h VS2-SI2 but for some reason the current stone seems to out shine most of them. The current stone looks even brighter when I took it out side with other stones to compare. I don''t have trained eye for rocks but that was the main reason I picked this one.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The paviliion angle and crown angle can''t really be judged just by a range of numbers -- within those ranges, they need to correspond a certain way with each other. A 41.2 pav angle would be better with a lower crown angle. With a crown angle of 34.5, you want the pavilion angle to be closer to 40.5. Try using the cut adviser.

Did the flourescence bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results