shape
carat
color
clarity

Can a setting change the look of the stone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Just curious if I am loosing my mind or trying to invent a different look with my stone. But, I changed my setting about 3 weeks ago, read about it here...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-new-setting-and-some-decent-pics.55809/

Anyway, I feel like my stone looks totally different, better than it every has.. is that possible? Just curious if I am loosing my mind.
emangel.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly agree that a setting can enhance or detract from the beauty of a stone. I''d say this is similar to how clothing might be on our bodies!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 5:24:08 PM
Author:Shana Jean
Just curious if I am loosing my mind or trying to invent a different look with my stone. But, I changed my setting about 3 weeks ago, read about it here...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-new-setting-and-some-decent-pics.55809/

Anyway, I feel like my stone looks totally different, better than it every has.. is that possible? Just curious if I am loosing my mind.
emangel.gif
Actually, I noticed the same thing when I went to my new halo-ish Vatche e-ring. When it was in the solitaire, there were lighting situations that I didn''t like it as much in and it looked smaller. Now I like it all the time and it looks huge!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Your set is gorgeous! The diamond would definitely look different in a solitaire or a different setting. You are not losing your mind, LOL!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely think a setting can change the way a diamond looks. For example, I think four prongs on a round set N/S/E/W lmakes the diamond look more round than a four prong set the other way. I also think that my setting made my diamond look bigger than whiter...not sure why or if I''m crazy, but it was definitely noticeable to me.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Good to know I am not the only one that this has happened to.. :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes a setting can certainly change the appearance of a diamond. I have a one carat stone that I wore in a yellow gold bypass ring for many years. When I upgraded to a brand new three stone ring, I had that diamond set in a platinum tension type setting to wear on my right hand. When I got the ring back I would have sworn that they switched diamonds on me except for the fact that it looked so much better in the new setting! Recently I had it reset again into a pendant with smaller diamonds around it and it took on a completely different look! You are not losing your mind and I love your new setting!!!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
ShanaJean - are you the Preacher''s Daughter?
3.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Preacher''s daughter???? I must have missed something?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry ShanaJean! There is a poster on here ''iamthepreacherswife'' who has in her avatar her two cute daughters - the daughter getting married sort of looked like you! (or at least your general dress, dark hair, etc) - I thought maybe you were her daughter, and you had turned her on to ps - hence the question!
9.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is ok!!! I was just confused. But no, I am not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results