shape
carat
color
clarity

Can a diamond have 2 or 3 different certifications?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
I am having nothing but drama with the stone I asked you guys about a few days ago. Come to find out, my boyfriend put a large deposit on it and now they are saying that it was a verbal agreement and are refusing to give it back. They said that "wholesalers" don''t offer money back guarentees...they aren''t even wholesalers if they are selling it to us- the public! I am so extremely mad.

He said he can send the stone to EGL USA for $20, or to GIA for $200 which will take about a month to get back. He swears it will still be a VS2, and probably go from an H to an I. Should I just send it to an independent appraiser, or to be certified again? The current cert is EGL Israel. I feel like we''re stuck and getting extremely screwed. They knew it was EGL Israel and played me like it was EGL USA.
29.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 8:56:54 PM
Author:pmpkn42
I am having nothing but drama with the stone I asked you guys about a few days ago. Come to find out, my boyfriend put a large deposit on it and now they are saying that it was a verbal agreement and are refusing to give it back. They said that ''wholesalers'' don''t offer money back guarentees...they aren''t even wholesalers if they are selling it to us- the public! I am so extremely mad.

He said he can send the stone to EGL USA for $20, or to GIA for $200 which will take about a month to get back. He swears it will still be a VS2, and probably go from an H to an I. Should I just send it to an independent appraiser, or to be certified again? The current cert is EGL Israel. I feel like we''re stuck and getting extremely screwed. They knew it was EGL Israel and played me like it was EGL USA.
29.gif
rule #1. never by from a so call "wholesaler"
38.gif

tell him to send it to GIA or AGS. if the stone comes back H VS2 then you''ll buy it,if not, tell him to return your deposit. what is the grade on the EGL Israel cert?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto! If the stone comes back as different from what he sold you, you are legally within your rights to get your money back. Don''t go to EGL, go to GIA or AGS. I have a feeling from that comment, that he suspects it will come back lower and is trying to steer you away from getting it certed at GIA. In the whole scheme of things, waiting a few extra weeks for the piece of mind of a GIA cert is nothing compared to potentially having a lifetime of regrets when looking at your ering.

Good luck and keep us updated!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 8:56:54 PM
Author:pmpkn42
I am having nothing but drama with the stone I asked you guys about a few days ago. Come to find out, my boyfriend put a large deposit on it and now they are saying that it was a verbal agreement and are refusing to give it back. They said that ''wholesalers'' don''t offer money back guarentees...they aren''t even wholesalers if they are selling it to us- the public! I am so extremely mad.

29.gif
HI:

Even so, he is rather "generous" in suggesting it might only change one color grade; doesn''t seem to be upfront and truthful with you. Hard to trust what he says at this point.

What arragement do you have with him if the stone were to be recerted and is not as represented? $$ return, exchange? Who keeps the GIA cert if you paid for it and do not want the stone afterall? Is it possible for you to have it independently appraised by someone highly recommended in your area?

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should send him this thread, and ask him if he''d like to reconsider letting you return the stone. Tell him if not, you''ll be sure to let us all know who he is, so we make sure we never purchase from him.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Is this your terrific deal, the 2ct. that has a spread of 2.5cts? In your other thread you say that you have a 15 day return policy...? Isn't this the "wholesaler" who your friend spent $50k with? Why dont you have your friend call this guy? If they spent so much with him, he should be treating you better, shouldn't he? I'd bring the friend in to talk to him.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Another instance of too good to be true... unfortunately. Not to mention I thought it was illegal for anyone to claim they were "wholesale" when they sold to anyone other than retailers.

I agree with Surfgirl. Take your friend who referred you in when you go, since they have a 20 year old relationship.

I wonder though since this was all supposed to be a secret and you weren''t supposed to contact the vendor, how did you find out in only three days that 1. the deposit had been made; 2. they wouldn''t give it back; and 3. the re-certification cost etc etc.?

Why is the EGL cert stressing you so bad now when you said you loved the diamond? It doesn''t make much sense.
33.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 4:04:17 PM
Author: girlie-girl
Another instance of too good to be true... unfortunately. Not to mention I thought it was illegal for anyone to claim they were ''wholesale'' when they sold to anyone other than retailers.

I agree with Surfgirl. Take your friend who referred you in when you go, since they have a 20 year old relationship.

I wonder though since this was all supposed to be a secret and you weren''t supposed to contact the vendor, how did you find out in only three days that 1. the deposit had been made; 2. they wouldn''t give it back; and 3. the re-certification cost etc etc.?

Why is the EGL cert stressing you so bad now when you said you loved the diamond? It doesn''t make much sense.
33.gif
Good news. I told my boyfriend that he guarenteed me a return policy and after many calls he is refunding the 3 grand. Needless to say it is the last time we''ll be going there!

And as far as me finding out, I did my homework, got the cert and after I found out he lead me to believe it was EGL USA and didn''t trust the cert (especially cause it''s EGL Israel), my boyfriend told me everything and we agreed to go about this together from now on so that things don''t happen like this anymore.

Girlygirl- get off my back. Didn''t know I couldn''t change my mind about the stone! I do LOVE the stone, do I think it''s worth what they are trying to sell it to us for. If they were willing to be HONEST and come down on the price then it would be a different story. PLUS, we''ve had NOTHING but trouble with the custom setting he has been making- it was ALL wrong and this is after they didn''t show my BF the wax mold before they made the actual mold.

Honestly, there are thousands of stones out there and I feel I can find a better stone for the price and have learned so much for this whole experience, so all in all, it is working out for the better.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really glad you got your money back, good for you. Maybe you could contact Mark at ERD for your cushion, he gets great stones.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 7:45:56 PM
Author: pmpkn42
Girlygirl- get off my back. Didn't know I couldn't change my mind about the stone!
Honestly, I dont think that's cool to say at all...especially considering you clearly said you had a 15 day return policy on your other thread, which would mean of course you knew you could change your mind about the stone. And several of us advised you on your other thread not to deal with this person and that it would be trouble and that nobody who is really in wholesale will sell to the public. Girlygirl asked you some honest questions. No need to be rude to her.

Good luck with your search.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sticking up for me Surfgirl.

As far as your extremely rude comment pmpkn42... I''ll just say I wasn''t "on your back" so no need to be defensive with MY post. I just took your statements and formed questions from them. I never once said you couldn''t change your mind, I merely asked how you found out the information and why you were now unhappy. Someone needs to chill....
20.gif

Nonetheless, I''m happy it all turned out well for you. Believe it or not, I wish you the best though I think maybe you''ll choke on that rudeness one day.
2.gif

I won''t bother to try and assist you any more, even though you asked us all to do so.
35.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 9:06:44 PM

As far as your extremely rude comment pmpkn42... I''ll just say I wasn''t ''on your back'' so no need to be defensive with MY post. I just took your statements and formed questions from them. I never once said you couldn''t change your mind, I merely asked how you found out the information and why you were now unhappy. Someone needs to chill....
20.gif

Nonetheless, I''m happy it all turned out well for you. Believe it or not, I wish you the best though I think maybe you''ll choke on that rudeness one day.
2.gif

I won''t bother to try and assist you any more, even though you asked us all to do so.
35.gif
Sorry for coming off "extremely rude", but you were as well. I''m not even going to attempt to lower myself and tell you to choke on your rudeness- what are you, 12? Honestly I don''t want your help after you questioning me, so thank you for your well wishes. I wish you the same. And I took EVERYTHING you guys said without being at all rude on the other post, so give me some credit. I don''t like it when somebody accuses me of lying, which basically was what was being insinuated by girliegirl. I didn''t know I was being interogated here.
20.gif

Yes they told ME that they had a money back guarentee policy then told my boyfriend that his deposit was NOT refundable. After he decided to tell me everything we were on the same page and they couldn''t argue about what they told ME. They were trying to lie to him and use him for giving me all the information. That''s the problem when you try to surprise your fiance and get involved with bad customer service.

Ellen- Yes I am working with Mark at ERD and trust he will help me make a wonderful decision. Thank you ALL for referring him!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hope ERD helps you to find you what you are looking for. Good luck on your refund.

cheers--Sharon

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you got your money back. Back 6 or so years ago I had an EGL Israel stone that was D SI2 that eventually got graded a GIA F I2. I would never trust an EGL Israel cert. I hope you find the ring and diamond of your dreams!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marriahlyn, good to see you!
35.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
hello back at ya, haven''t had much to add lately...........been lurking :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 10:33:09 PM
Author: pmpkn42

Date: 6/27/2008 9:06:44 PM

As far as your extremely rude comment pmpkn42... I''ll just say I wasn''t ''on your back'' so no need to be defensive with MY post. I just took your statements and formed questions from them. I never once said you couldn''t change your mind, I merely asked how you found out the information and why you were now unhappy. Someone needs to chill....
20.gif

2.gif

35.gif
Sorry for coming off ''extremely rude'', but you were as well. I''m not even going to attempt to lower myself and tell you to choke on your rudeness- what are you, 12? Honestly I don''t want your help after you questioning me, so thank you for your well wishes. I wish you the same. And I took EVERYTHING you guys said without being at all rude on the other post, so give me some credit. I don''t like it when somebody accuses me of lying, which basically was what was being insinuated by girliegirl. I didn''t know I was being interogated here.
20.gif

Yes they told ME that they had a money back guarentee policy then told my boyfriend that his deposit was NOT refundable. After he decided to tell me everything we were on the same page and they couldn''t argue about what they told ME. They were trying to lie to him and use him for giving me all the information. That''s the problem when you try to surprise your fiance and get involved with bad customer service.

Ellen- Yes I am working with Mark at ERD and trust he will help me make a wonderful decision. Thank you ALL for referring him!!!
You were asked some legitmate questions, after coming here for assistance. No one accused you of anything more than some inconsistencies. It''s difficult to help someone without understanding the situation. The highlighted portion is the impression you have left on this forum
38.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should update your other thread about this new turn of events. So newbies don''t actually believe it is possible to get a 2ct cushion for 10K from any *legitimate* vendor.
27.gif
More unsolicited advice: resist posting sweeping proclamations. Especially when you''re a newbie yourself.
2.gif

Good luck w/your search!

dc888

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I see that you're looking for a rock with Mark (ERD). Ask him about the 1.73 "cushion brilliant" he has. It's a real nice rock, but it has a culet which my gf does not have a preference for. Sometimes you have to go down in size to find what you really like...that's what we ended up doing. Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results