shape
carat
color
clarity

Can a cut nut get a non-RB e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antigoon

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking on this site for a few weeks now (wedding proposal in the fall?) and have learned a whole lot about diamonds. The trouble is, being an engineering type, I''ve become really fascinated with all the technical aspets of cut: HCA, H&A, Brilliantscope, Isee2, etc. And from what I''ve gathered, the Round Brilliant is the most sparkly of them all. And not only that, it''s the best understood: from the dimensions and the scans (Isee2, Brilliantscope), you can tell a whole lot about the performance about a diamond. Whereas for other shapes, it''s still very much where Round Brilliants were a decade or two ago: a few rules of thumb that may or may not tell the whole story.

So, from the numbers, I''m hooked on Round Brilliants.

But looking at e-rings, I really like the looks of some other shapes like this 3-stone Asscher.

What''s a cut nut to do?

No, really.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Get what your girlfriend would prefer.

If my guy had gotten what he wanted I would have been mad, but that's just me and I am the control freak in our relationship. AND - I knew what I wanted EXACTLY.

If your girl doesn't care then congrats to you and get her what you think she'll like best.

Diamond shape is all about personal choice.
While I can see why everyone is nuts over ideal RBs (I am getting my fiance a pair for his ears) I am a princess cut lover.

Nobody but you can tell you what you'd prefer.

But one stones does come to mind - the regent. A combination of square and round, it is the best of both worlds to many people.

If you know what you want and are patient enough to find it I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Good luck

Jenibear

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Jenibear is right, get a ring with the shape diamond that your fiance wants... Most of us who sell exceptional round brilliants also have access to exceptional fancies... Figure out what you want and then contact one of us.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
actualy as a cut nut I love well cut asschers if anything they have to be better cut than RB's to look good in my opinion.
The light return and fire of a rb hides a lot.

Finding well cut asschers is the problem.
Id start by sending niceice hunting for one.
With them even more than rounds you have to trust the eyes and experence of your vendor or your going to be looking at a lot of garbage.
niceice.com, goodoldgold.com and whiteflash.com is where id start my hunt.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love RBs and Fancies too. I am more of a RB gal for the engagement ring but it's not going to be the last ring or diamond I will ever have. I love asschers, you tend to 'fall' into them if they are cut right. I also would love a nice monster pear teardrop necklace. Yummy.
2.gif
I have a small Regent pendant which is beautiful but I'd like a bigger one! Oh and layer that with an EightStar round brilliant pendant too where the chain is 2" shorter.
2.gif
I like the new square Jubilee that GOG has...I mean come on. Throw a diamond at me and as long as it sparkles, I won't give it back.
2.gif

I think you can have your cake and eat it too. What about getting the shape that your gal will like for the e-ring but getting small round brilliant H&A earrings? Yummy.
2.gif
Some .50ctw earrings in something like H SI would run you about $800 or so if not less. Then you could play with the H&A and she can 'fall' into her Asscher.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results