shape
carat
color
clarity

Can’t tell if I like this east west setting on me help

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's interesting reading all these varied responses. So much is personal preference when it comes to things like this. I think a stone of this size and dimensions looks 1000 times better north-south. The light return honestly doesn't look very good in the horizontal position, either. Did you get an ASET image on the stone when you chose it? Are you within a return period or not?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an EC in a beautiful Harry Winston style setting with the side baguettes by Love Affair Diamonds. I don't think you need a thicker setting, a simple solitaire is fine if that is what you like. But I think they look better north-south, and this shows a well cut stone with excellent light return and very little dark facets.
LADec.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer N-S for this stone. Maybe it’s just the pics but the light seems to hit this big facet in the middle and I’m not seeing the steps clearly. Maybe a N-S orientation will help.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was one in the E/W minority - appreciating some of the setting suggestions ppl made. That having been said - you can’t go wrong with N/S!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results