shape
carat
color
clarity

Can’t find GIA inscription #

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I was just wondering if the Gia inscription on the diamond girdle could be viewed under 20x magnification? I’ve tried under different lighting and haven’t been able to see anything. BN customer service told me that it could only be viewed under a laser inscription viewer but the answers on google say pretty much any magnification 20x or more should get the job done.
I know this should be the diamond since all the inclusions match up but out of curiosity I’d still like to see the number as well. And I don’t think it’s necessary to take it to a jeweler for verification.
So what tools would you recommend? Is it really necessary to get a laser inscription viewer? Or maybe I should try a stronger magnification?

Thank you all again.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It takes a steady hand, patience and practice. And depending on the size of the diamond and the girdle thickness, some inscriptions are easier to find than others. I can see mine on all my GIA diamonds (.92ct & up) under 10x. No special "laser inscription viewer" needed (though my guess is that makes finding the inscription easier). Once you get the hang of it you will be able to locate more easily.

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
It takes a steady hand, patience and practice. And depending on the size of the diamond and the girdle thickness, some inscriptions are easier to find than others. I can see mine on all my GIA diamonds (.92ct & up) under 10x. No special "laser inscription viewer" needed (though my guess is that makes finding the inscription easier). Once you get the hang of it you will be able to locate more easily.

@Kaycee2018 Thank you for your response. That’s what I thought because I was able to see it on my original diamond 1.08ct with medium girdle. It was fairly easy to spot using 20x magnification. This diamond is 2.5ct with thin to medium girdle, I thought it should be easier since the diamond is bigger but apparently not... I’ve looked again and again, all girdles are clean and clear. I’m starting to wonder if it’s even on there....

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does the lab report indicate an inscription present? (Under "Comments" section)

If so, and you still cannot find it, you should take it to an independent diamond professional, such as a qualified appraiser, for verification.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you know, all diamonds do not have inscriptions. As Brian said...see if your GIA report specifically says it does.

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
Does the lab report indicate an inscription present? (Under "Comments" section)

If so, and you still cannot find it, you should take it to an independent diamond professional, such as a qualified appraiser, for verification.

Just so you know, all diamonds do not have inscriptions. As Brian said...see if your GIA report specifically says it does.

Thank you all so much. Omg I didn’t know that! So I just confirmed with BN and apparently my diamond has no inscription! I’ve been looking this long for nothing... and I will have to cancel my order for a stronger magnification.
I guess it’s going to be harder for me to make sure that’s my diamond without the inscription if I were to reset it in the future or something.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much. Omg I didn’t know that! So I just confirmed with BN and apparently my diamond has no inscription! I’ve been looking this long for nothing... and I will have to cancel my order for a stronger magnification.
I guess it’s going to be harder for me to make sure that’s my diamond without the inscription if I were to reset it in the future or something.

You'll have your grading report that matches the diamond. Only use known reputable jewelers for settings, and you'll never have to worry!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are quite a few places that will inscribe a diamond's girdle. You can have a short or long inscriptions done to your own specifications, or just put the GIA report number on it. All you need is to able to re-identify your diamond. Even a couple letters, such as your initials, would do just fine for that purpose.

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
There are quite a few places that will inscribe a diamond's girdle. You can have a short or long inscriptions done to your own specifications, or just put the GIA report number on it. All you need is to able to re-identify your diamond. Even a couple letters, such as your initials, would do just fine for that purpose.

Wow that’s so interesting to know! Thank you for the info, I’ll definitely keep that mind! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results